The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

The current Latin American connection is intriguing: Silva, Jetfe, and now, Cortes.

And the rumours swirling around Lorenzo Tierra de Pierna refuse to dissipate. I wonder....three days left....

Note of course, that we have done quite a lot of business business late in Jan windows, before they glided shut. My source who takes to do with such things

advises:

Jan 2023: Cantwell 23/01, and Raskin 31/01

Jan 2022: Diallo 27/01, and Ramsey 31/01

Jan 2021: Simpson 29/01, and Wright 01/02

Jan 2020: Hagi 31/01 and Kamberi 31/01

Well, maybe we haven't always left the best for last. 

Ryan Kent as well??? 

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyone who seriously wants Kent back should seek psychiatric help immediately.

Jumped in again with wrong conclusion. Was asking if Kent was a last minute Jan signing but appears he was a last minute summer signing. 

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Cortes situation sounds similar to Cifuentes - signed for Lens in the summer, been unable to settle now being put out on loan. Hopefully he can settle here as we need him and other signings to hit ground running

It's very rare for January window signings to have a significant impact immediately. No pre season, unfamiliar team mates, new country etc. I think that's why myself and many other fans are leaning towards Shankland. He's ready made for our league and will score goals in this team. I would hope we at least test Hearts resolve with a bid. 

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would hope we at least test Hearts resolve with a bid. 

Considering the amount of 'loan to buy' FFP related deals we're doing, I think it's fair to say there's no chance we can spend £5m on Shankland.  Nor should we.  

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Considering the amount of 'loan to buy' FFP related deals we're doing, I think it's fair to say there's no chance we can spend £5m on Shankland.  Nor should we.  

Aye but Hearts will just buckle and sell him to us for a Mars Bar and copy of The Beano.