[FT] Rangers 3 (Dessers 20'; Tavernier 26' pen; Sima 34') - 1 Dundee

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can see why Cifu got a red but it's just another sign of how soft football is getting. 

You're lucky if you see one good tackle a game nowadays - it's a dying art.  

Chances of Cifu's red card being rescinded?

1. Small

2. Minuscule

3. Negligible

4. You're having a laugh

None of us want to see our players sent off, but soft or not, when it happened I knew he was off straight away. The important thing for me was the way the rest of the Gers came together and finished the job. Like these individual players or not Clement has them fighting for each other and playing like a team. 

C'mon The Rangers       :rfc:

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We have appealed the red to Cifu. Hearing set for tomorrow.

I'm surprised we're appealing it. As the VAR thought it was a red and the ref saw it on the monitor and gave a red, the chance of it being overturned must be pretty small. Is there any downside to an appeal? If the appeal fails, will Cifu get a longer ban?

4 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I'm surprised we're appealing it. As the VAR thought it was a red and the ref saw it on the monitor and gave a red, the chance of it being overturned must be pretty small. Is there any downside to an appeal? If the appeal fails, will Cifu get a longer ban?

heard he was already in for a 3 game ban so unlikely any real risk of it getting much worse.

19 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I don't think VAR official thought it was a red, he only asked Clancy to have a look at it. The decision to upgrade to red was Clancys alone.

It was no worse than the one in Spurs v Newcastle game yesterday that was given as just a yellow. 

In saying that, it won't be rescinded but we are correct in appealing the decision.

Edited by CammyF

50 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't think VAR official thought it was a red, he only asked Clancy to have a look at it. The decision to upgrade to red was Clancys alone.

It was no worse than the one in Spurs v Newcastle game yesterday that was given as just a yellow. 

In saying that, it won't be rescinded but we are correct in appealing the decision.

He'd have been sent to the monitor with 'possible red card' ringing in his ear I should imagine, I'd love for you to be correct and that he's simply been told to have a second look but they're usually given an indication of what the outcome should be. You've heard Carragher and Neville say this about VAR in the prem and they can listen in on the VAR on comms.

Unless it's changed of course, which it should, but the ref just having a second look with no prejudice or bias towards an outcome from the control room isn't the protocol as far as I'm aware.

A lot of waffle, sorry.

Fucking refs man.