Top 100 Clubs Coefficient Points Gained

SykesBear a couple of weeks ago...

"Celtic took 6 off this shower. 6! And we needed a penalty to snatch a f*cking draw. Pathetic. We're winning nothing under PC. Bookmark this. Save it. Do whatever you want, he's winning nothing here. The club is toxic."

5 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

We really are a top top club in world football, relatively speaking. Finances aside, we have to be up there with the very very biggest and best of them. And i will not include the mob in that either as i detest people talking about Rangers and Celtic or Celtic and Rangers as if they need to mention the other lot when speaking about one of them. Souness is really bad for it. They are nothing to us. It's Rangers and Rangers only. The last 12 years has shown the difference in the size of each club. They're a big club, sure they are, but we are fu*cking massive. Massive. If 2012 had happened to them i don't think they would have survived or broke every attendance record on the way back up either. They might be the flavour of the month right now but we are Scottish football. It's why we are THE team to beat and why EVERYONE wants to beat us. We are the people. 🤷‍♂️

Aye pound for pound we're probably the best performing club in Europe over the last 5 years - you'd get derided for saying it but I think there's a serious case for it.

Scottish clubs weren't meant to get to European finals in 2008 yet alone 2022, yet we did and did it with bosmans, loans and 6 figure signings.

We're used to it and it's not like we need flowers but not enough is made of it imo, we're pretty much solely giving hope to clubs in Europe with less than 100m in revenue that they can win major European honours.

Proud of the team and club, hopefully we can start winning domestically too now starting Sunday 🤞

4 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

All of that is still true. Pmsl. Where's the relevance? Wrong thread maybe. Unless you're struggling to separate the team from the club. You're desperate for this hypocrite tag to stick, you've had 2 shots and missed twice. Maybe third time lucky elsewhere. 

Take It Back Fran Healy GIF by Travis

On 15/12/2023 at 07:29, yuddie said:

Aye pound for pound we're probably the best performing club in Europe over the last 5 years - you'd get derided for saying it but I think there's a serious case for it.

In Europa League sure.

However we must not forget our failures to qualify for, and our performance in the CL group stage. 

Which was statistically, one of the worst by any club in the history of that tournament. 

It's all about a balanced perspective. 

On 15/12/2023 at 13:10, SykseyBear said:

It's why we are THE team to beat and why EVERYONE wants to beat us.

On 15/12/2023 at 13:25, SykseyBear said:

Unless you're struggling to separate the team from the club.

On 15/12/2023 at 13:22, Gonzo79 said:

"We're winning nothing under PC. Bookmark this. Save it. Do whatever you want, he's winning nothing here."

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

In Europa League sure.

However we must not forget our failures to qualify for, and our performance in the CL group stage. 

Which was statistically, one of the worst by any club in the history of that tournament. 

It's all about a balanced perspective. 

I'd say Europe wide mate, considering we've come back from oblivion.

No team had qualified for the Europa league from the number of qualifiers we had under Gerrard in his first season before.

Then we reached the last 16 back to back and reached a final with a load of bosmans and players bought for 6 figures (or 5 including Kamara).

Look at the financial gulf between us and the teams we had in that ucl group as well, that's why I say pound for pound.

I'm confident we'll find our feet in the UCL, especially with the new format.

We just need to start winning the league domestically to gain entry ffs ha.