[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

Reference the VAR team releasing one particular photo' still purporting Sima to be offside.

Last evening, I watched the PLZ Soccer take on events. Peter Martin set up PLZ(Peter, Lyndsay and, Zoe - himself, wife and, daughter) a decade past. Essentially, it is another Sellik Vlog in a most crowded market. Peter Martin grasped the offside lifeline but, he revealed 'the still' was only released to Sky.

Rangers have requested the audio of the VAR team - Referee discussion. I do not believe Chief Executive of the SFA, Iain Maxwell will allow the release because Peter Lawwell will not want it released.

There is a growing stench of cover up.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

The ref didn't decide it wasn't a penalty. How could be when he awarded a bye kick? He couldn't have seen the handball. 

The Referee thinks it's no penalty, then that the ball bounces off Sima, hence bye kick.

VAR checks the penalty, seeing that it's not 'wrong' (I disagree with this). 

If the penalty is given, then VAR would need to check the attacking phase of play, which would have ruled it out as offside. 

I don't see the cheating.

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

FFS. Do not only did he not know the IFAB interpretation, he's making things up 🙄

Dermot Gallagher, a professional referee for over 20 years, doesn't know what he's talking about? OK.

Edit: I actually think I might be wrong - I think Dermot says that Collum (VAR) decides its no penalty and that it's a bye kick because it comes off Sima, not the Referee. I can see why the Referee should have been asked to have a look. That's fair. It's irrelevant anyway because of the offside, but at the very least it's incompetence again - which is nothing new with our Referees.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think VAR did release it; SKY did. I don't know why - probably to show that it wouldn't have mattered what the Referee gave on the pitch; it would have been offside anyway. 

Where's the cheating? Because the Referee made a decision we disagree with? That's childish. Even if you remove all the offside stuff and focus on the penalty, it's not an egregious decision, IMO. I do think the Referee was wrong, but, like I said elsewhere, if that goes against our defender I'd be furious. 

It's just incompetence. 

Nope, it was VAR that released the still and confirmed to SKY that it was offside, hence no penalty. 

However, the rules state that a penalty can't be disallowed due to offside. 

The VAR team have created this miss nd we need to know why. It's either to cover up incompetent decisions or cheating. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Nope, it was VAR that released the still and confirmed to SKY that it was offside, hence no penalty. 

However, the rules state that a penalty can't be disallowed due to offside. 

The VAR team have created this miss nd we need to know why. It's either to cover up incompetent decisions or cheating. 

Fair enough - I wasn't sure.

The penalty wasn't ruled out for offside; they didn't check offside. 

They just decided it wasn't a penalty. I disagree, but I don't think it's an issue. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Fair enough - I wasn't sure.

The penalty wasn't ruled out for offside; they didn't check offside. 

They just decided it wasn't a penalty. I disagree, but I don't think it's an issue. 

But they are now saying it was offside. Why are they pushing offside when it want a penalty?

They've tied themselves in knots over the non-award and appears even they don't know why it wasn't given. 

Hopefully the club keep the pressure on.