International Greats

10 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Ronaldinho played against us for PSG IIRC?. Hadnt reached greatness yet, was quite young.

That was a decent PSG team including a very young Arteta and Ronaldinho. 

PSG: Letizi, Heinz, Pochettino, El Karkouri, Cristobal, Ogbeche, Cisse, Arteta, Ronaldinho Gaucho, Aloisio, Leroy. Subs: Alonzo, Potillon, Anelka, Okocha, Dias, Llacer, Mendy.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Conte was a lovely footballer as well, De Livio a live wire. 

I loved Vialli, a fantastic striker.

This is when we signed Porrini wasn’t it ? He  only played a few times for us similar to what’s happening now with Barasic and Ridvan can’t remember the preferred one though. 

that’s him Gregory Vignal he was preferred to Porrini I believe 

Edited by Fa1833

How about the legends game to mark 150th 🤣 they were a bit old but Hutton played a great game tbh. 

Rangers Legends: Neil Alexander, Ronald Wattereus, Jörg Albertz, Marvin Andrews, Shota Arveladze, Kris Boyd, Ronald De Boer, Barry Ferguson, Paul Gascoigne, Alan Hutton, Nikica Jelavić, Pedro Mendes, Michael Mols, Nacho Novo, Saša Papac, Alex Rae, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Gregory Vignal, Rod Wallace, Craig Moore.

World Legends: David James, Jens Lehmann, Éric Abidal, Shota Arveladze, José Bosingwa, Luís Figo, Nuno Gomes, Gheorghe Hagi, Kaka, Christian Karembeu, Roy MaKaay, Claude Makélélé, Florent Malouda, Carlos Marchena, Predrag Mijatović, Robert Pires, Ricardo Quaresma, Míchel Salgado, Ricardo Costa.

9 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

This is when we signed Porrini wasn’t it ? He  only played a few times for us similar to what’s happening now with Barasic and Ridvan can’t remember the preferred one though. 

that’s him Gregory Vignal he was preferred to Porrini I believe 

No, vignal was after porrini. Big Sergio played a decent amount of games, are you perhaps mixing him up with someone else?.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

No, vignal was after porrini. Big Sergio played a decent amount of games, are you perhaps mixing him up with someone else?.

Yeah I think I am 🤣🤣, Porrini was a great player the one player I never seen was Marco Negri, I  would have loved to have watched him play, especially in his first season before he got injured. 

Edited by Fa1833

13 hours ago, compo said:

1979 Rangers v Valencia and one Mario Kempes a first class player who played like a right good inside forward.

Mentioned Kempes earlier in the thread Compo, he really was a brilliant player. 

Sure I seen him the previous year, or later that year when they played West Brom.