International Greats

Since the Passing of the Great Mario Zaggallo, who have you been lucky enough to see at Ibrox etc, I remember seeing Kaka play at a friendly I believe with Gattuso as Milan boss, what legends have we had in the SPL or not so legends doesn’t need to be Brazilian. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67900776

One who I don’t know but neither does anyone I’m guessing ? he supposedly played for Rangers well didn’t but we signed him anyway in 2000. 

Carlos Eduardo Ferrari, commonly known as Cacá. He is a former Brazilian footballer who played as a striker. He was signed by Scottish Premier League club Rangers in October 2000, but never appeared for the first team

Edited by Fa1833

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Players that I've left Ibrox thinking I never realised how good they actually were.

Gaizka Mendietta

Lilian Thuram

Diego Forlan

We knew how good Alessandro Del Piero was, but he still roasted us.

I know Pele and Maradona have both played against Dundee United Maradona in 1993 but even the thought of those icons in Scotland does make you wonder what other greats we have had , totally of subject but we have had Ali fly into the old Renfrew Airport remember hearing those story’s as a kid. 

Edited by Fa1833

55 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Since the Passing of the Great Mario Zaggallo, who have you been lucky enough to see at Ibrox etc, I remember seeing Kaka play at a friendly I believe with Gattuso as Milan boss, what legends have we had in the SPL or not so legends doesn’t need to be Brazilian. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67900776

One who I don’t know but neither does anyone I’m guessing ? he supposedly played for Rangers well didn’t but we signed him anyway in 2000. 

Carlos Eduardo Ferrari, commonly known as Cacá. He is a former Brazilian footballer who played as a striker. He was signed by Scottish Premier League club Rangers in October 2000, but never appeared for the first team

Did Beckham play in that game with Kaka etc I can’t remember if he did tbh 

1 hour ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Players that I've left Ibrox thinking I never realised how good they actually were.

Gaizka Mendietta

Lilian Thuram

Diego Forlan

We knew how good Alessandro Del Piero was, but he still roasted us.

How true is that.

The two outstanding are di Stefano and Puskas. Then come the others and plenty of them. Gento, Mazzola, Schiaffino for the relics among us.

There were two players, not big names but caused Rangers no end of trouble, Grillo of AC in 1957 and Johnny Crossan, Irish Republican, of Sparta Rotterdam 1960ish.

1 hour ago, compo said:

I remember a welsh man by the name of Cliff Jones what a winger he was played for Spurs 

I remember the whole ‘Spurs team. A pair of horses at centre half and centre forward, a couple of craftsmen fullbacks and the rest were outstanding.