International Greats

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Did anyone here see Riquelme?

I wish I had. 

For Villarreal? Was at both home and away games and we were unlucky not to progress. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

For Villarreal? Was at both home and away games and we were unlucky not to progress. 

Similar, attended home(2-2) and away(1-1). If Kris Boyd had buried that chance in Spain, we would have deservedly progressed. Riquelme was a player, particularly in the first leg.

In my time, Beckenbauer graced the Ibrox turf on three occasions, Gerd Muller too and, Paul Breitner. Johan Cruyff was special but my favourite was Valencia's Mario Kempes. The Argentine was the last opposition player I remember being deservedly rewarded with an Ibrox round of applause after scoring a wonder goal? We had drawn 1-1 away in Spain and the half time score at Ibrox was the same. Kempes scored two second half goals to secure a 1-3 victory.

7 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

Did Beckham play in that game with Kaka etc I can’t remember if he did tbh 

Yes, Beckham came on as a sub. I remember there were half-hearted boos when he was on the ball. I thought that was a bit silly.

7 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Ronaldinho played against us for PSG IIRC?. Hadnt reached greatness yet, was quite young.

Ronaldinho also played against us when he was with Barcelona. In the warm up he was the only one dressed all in black and spent most of the warm up casually firing long balls into the net. Messi was also in the squad. I don't know if he played but he had the temerity to suggest afterwards that we played anti-football.

Edited by Yorkie Bear

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Ronaldinho also played against us when he was with Barcelona. In the warm up he was the only one dressed all in black and spent most of the warm up casually firing long balls into the net. Messi was also in the squad. I don't know if he played but he had the temerity to suggest afterwards that we played anti-football.

Have you seen the goal post Bar  challenge he does ? 😎

Edited by Fa1833

26 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Have you seen the goal post Bar  challenge he does ? 😎

What the hell was that? 😮

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Bill said:

What the hell was that? 😮

Think it was a New pair of Nike shoes he was trying out 🤣, there’s better ones out there quality wise but no doubt  👌 

Edited by Fa1833