Lennon Signs New Contract

Guest TULLYTHETRUEBLUE
FFS it's not a case of is the glass half empty or half full - some fucker bought you the wrong bloody drink!!

Language please language !!!! :devil:

Guest TheWorthyEd
Good news, not heard any bad reports on him and Fleck, so hopefully both will feature this season. If they are good enough, they are old enough, no matter who is in front of them at the moment.

I wish I believed that mantra was in force at Ibrox, but history tells us that, under Smith at least, youth does NOT get its chance at Rangers.

These youngsters will probably leave us, do well elsewhere - then we'll re-sign them for an inflated mega-million deal 5-years hence.

It's the Rangers way............apparently. :sigh:

I agree in his previous spell as manager Smith didn't really bring through many youngsters.

But we must remember he didn't do that because he had the financial backing of a chairman who was them ambitious and hungry for success.

Times have changed so Smith will have to play younger, home-grown players. I'm a firm believer that if these guys are good enough they'll break into the team.

Then it's up to them to take their chance.

I wish I believed that mantra was in force at Ibrox, but history tells us that, under Smith at least, youth does NOT get its chance at Rangers.

These youngsters will probably leave us, do well elsewhere - then we'll re-sign them for an inflated mega-million deal 5-years hence.

But if you look at the average age of our team just now,it can hardly be described as an ageing team

I don't just think it's the Rangers way m8 even if it seems that way.

Look at every top team and most of their signings will be imports with very little home grown players in the team. Arsenal of course usually buy younger players with potential and that's a gamble but most have paid of for AW but some have went without playing a game.

Apart from the Man Utd team of old where they got a lot of top young players coming through together most top teams IMO will always buy the majority of their players with the odd few home grown getting a game if good enough and IMO I don't think it's just the Rangers way as you put it :cheers:

I agree in his previous spell as manager Smith didn't really bring through many youngsters.

But we must remember he didn't do that because he had the financial backing of a chairman who was them ambitious and hungry for success.

Times have changed so Smith will have to play younger, home-grown players. I'm a firm believer that if these guys are good enough they'll break into the team.

Then it's up to them to take their chance.

There's also a big difference in us having the youth academey now, whereas in WS's previous reign there was no such facilities.

P.S. Stevie Lennon is amazin in fm08!