Lennon Signs New Contract

STEVIE LENNON has given himself a two-year target to become a top team player with Rangers.

Lennon, who will be 20 in January, has just signed a new deal that ties him to the club until 2010.

Steven LennonHe feels - and it is widely felt - that he could do a job with another SPL side but he is determined to make the breakthrough at Rangers.

Others have moved on - like Steven McLean, Ross McCormack and Bob Davidson - but Lennon is convinced he can make the grade.

The reserve striker said: "You can't be too impatient when you are at a massive club like Rangers.

"I could probably go out and play for another club in the SPL but it's Rangers I want to be at.

"I'm willing to wait for my chance and I'm sure it will come.

"I'm delighted to sign a new deal. It keeps me here for another two years and gives me the chance to continue my development and hopefully make the step up from the reserves to the first team.Steven Lennon

"I'm happy with the way things are going right now and I just have to wait for my chance.

"I have had the chance to play in a few matches, sit on the bench and also train with the first team which is fantastic.

"Simply working with guys like Davie Weir, Lee McCulloch and Barry Ferguson is terrific and you learn so much. Their experience rubs off.

"As a young boy you have to keep things simple when you're round there but at the same time you want to try to get yourself noticed so you have to try a few things."

Lennon is one of a number of young players who look to have the potential to go all the way at Ibrox. Dean Furman, Ross Perry, Rory Loy and Alan Lowing have all signed new deals recently while there are high hopes for Andy Shinnie, Paul Emslie and John Fleck.

He was a key player in the under-19 side that won a League and Cup double last season and is now developing further with Ian Durrant and Tommy Wilson in the reserve team.

He added: "The manager is always looking to strengthen up front but hopefully he can give me a few chances to come off the bench in the coming months and I can start scoring goals for the first team."

Good news, not heard any bad reports on him and Fleck, so hopefully both will feature this season. If they are good enough, they are old enough, no matter who is in front of them at the moment.

yeah another young promising player that will never get a look in with walter. These young lads will never get a look in while Smiths around. he never has and never will give them a shot at the big time. fleck is another player who will dissapear into the abyss at Ibrox.

yeah another young promising player that will never get a look in with walter. These young lads will never get a look in while Smiths around. he never has and never will give them a shot at the big time. fleck is another player who will dissapear into the abyss at Ibrox.

Our team's full of young players

It would be good to see 11 good quality players signing contracts

One young guy who will probably never make it is not good enough

FFS it's not a case of is the glass half empty or half full - some fucker bought you the wrong bloody drink!!