Edmiston House - Accounts Published

I'm not sure whether we can take the "profit" at face value. Wages are £179K which seems incredibly light given the staff that work there during the week and the staff that work on matchdays and at events (security. bar staff etc). I guess Rangers must incur much of these costs but I have to wonder whether they are being fully recharged.

The accounts already state that the audit fees are met by Rangers and I wonder how much else isn't being recharged. It had to make a profit politically for the directors.

This project seemed ego driven and the directors wanted it in place for the 150 anniversary (it was late) and were willing to sell the Albion to fund it.

I'm glad we've got NEH but not at the cost of losing the Albion, and perhaps a but more time should have been taken if we wouldn't afford it.  It does seem a long way away from generating £1m profit that was mentioned.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure whether we can take the "profit" at face value. Wages are £179K which seems incredibly light given the staff that work there during the week and the staff that work on matchdays and at events (security. bar staff etc). I guess Rangers must incur much of these costs but I have to wonder whether they are being fully recharged.

The accounts already state that the audit fees are met by Rangers and I wonder how much else isn't being recharged. It had to make a profit politically for the directors.

This project seemed ego driven and the directors wanted it in place for the 150 anniversary (it was late) and were willing to sell the Albion to fund it.

I'm glad we've got NEH but not at the cost of losing the Albion, and perhaps a but more time should have been taken if we wouldn't afford it.  It does seem a long way away from generating £1m profit that was mentioned.

Could it be that there are only 4 or 5 staff permanently and fully employed by NEH and that temporary/itinerant staff are charged as services? Just speculating because, as you say, there's no way NEH operates on that kind of wages cost.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I think it's very unlikely that all NEH costs are borne entirely by NEH and any assumption of costs on the NEH accounts is likely to be skewed in the first year of trading and progressive over time. Whatever the truth of it, I'm guessing these first figures are very unlikely to reflect the underlying viability of NEH.

15 minutes ago, compo said:

Anybody know how much the big black shed cost to build I do remember it seemed to take rather long for such a simple structure.

Sure the last accounts showed a cost of £12.2M 

On 15/01/2024 at 20:12, ian1964 said:

The prices they charge it shouldn't take too long to pay it off!!, and they sell fucking Magners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, fuck is that all about?.

Tennents put a lot of money into rangers. 

Same company.