[FT] Hibernian 0 - 3 Rangers (Yilmaz 30; Cantwell 45+2; Dessers 74)

Just now, compo said:

The wee turk put the icing on the cake with his goal 

Have to give credit to mystic Scott ! Who was involved in the predictions haha more of that Scotty boy 🤣

Three goals, three points, clean sheet, and all on an East coast January night. There was a bit of slackness, in passing, and movement/positional play, but the team was never really in trouble, and when it was, Spring-heeled Jack was there, as we have come to expect. 

Here's a question: what was the best goal of the three? They were all 'football' goals, different, and from different players. 

Yilmaz: great pass,  great first touch, great finish.

Cantwell: a terrific strike, controlled, and beautifully placed.

Dessers: a subtle subterfuge, which sent several Hibees away for their tea. It did not quite reach the status of being 'disrespectful', more's the pity. 

I can't make up my mind. 

(I didn't think Dessers capable of such a finish, and I've belted and flayed him, with the rest of you, but the hat was off last night. Maybe there is a player there, after all.)

Edited by Uilleam

Never seen three better goals in one match.

Cantwell, crash bang WALLOP.

Yilmaz, crash, bang and a bit of skill for control.

Dessers, if Sherlock Holmes played football he would have scored goals like that. Best of the three. 

9 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Three goals, three points, clean sheet, and all on an East coast January night. There was a bit of slackness, in passing, and movement/positional play, but the team was never really in trouble, and when it was, Spring-heeled Jack was there, as we have come to expect. 

Here's a question: what was the best goal of the three? They were all 'football' goals, different, and from different players. 

Yilmaz: great pass,  great first touch, great finish.

Cantwell: a terrific strike, controlled, and beautifully placed.

Dessers: a subtle subterfuge, which sent several Hibees away for their tea. It did not quite reach the status of being 'disrespectful', more's the pity. 

I can't make up my mind. 

(I didn't think Dessers capable of such a finish, and I've belted and flayed him, with the rest of you, but the hat was off last night. Maybe there is a player there, after all.)

As you say, 3 brilliant goals and for different reasons. 

In my opinion Dessers goal shades it, just such a "dirty", "disrespectful" finish. Similar to the goal he scored against Hibs at Ibrox earlier this season. 

23 minutes ago, onevision said:

Cantwell's goal for me was the pick.

From his look over his shoulder before receiving the ball, terrific first touch then BANG, fantastic finish. 

Especially after he took a nock that goal game about if im not mistaken?  Haha remember when Rooney lost his temper against Newcastle I think it was and smashed in a belter maybe that’s Todd’s energy to do better in matches? 

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Dessers, if Sherlock Holmes played football he would have scored goals like that. Best of the three. 

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

In my opinion Dessers goal shades it, just such a "dirty", "disrespectful" finish.

WhatsAppImage2024-01-25at14_22.42_544ebc8c.jpg.8b1380efd7e773a6ef7888a5f710f962.jpg