The Davie Weir Dilemma

Davie is a legend and has still got another few years in him left, a havent seen a defender go one on one with him and beat him with pace, he doesnt need it, he gets his tackle in before the defender can turn

Yes but attackers have no room to beat him at speed because we sit so deep. If we want to attack more we need a faster CH. Your theory is like saying a keeper who has nothing to do is brilliant because he never loses a goal.

I had big hopes for Webster being his replacement but its not looking like that will happen any more. As for the defending deep thing, I don't think it helps having Papac at LB either as he's not an attacking WB like Hutton so also has a tendancy to get caught further back than he should be at times.

As for Weir, I'd like to see him stay at Ibrox in some capacity as he seems like he could be an ideal coach for our young defenders.

in an ideal world, we'd see broadfoot getting some game time in. but if we're still there or thereabouts in the league we have to go with the best side. winning the title is obviously more important than blooding broadfoot. i'd say he can certainly pass muster in the SPL, higher than that we can't say as he's untried beyond scotland u-21 level. luckily he seems a bright guy and understands the position, and having trained with the saints for years in the mud i imagine he's still loving simply being a ranger. that won't be good enough for some, esp. those who claim to be 'real rangers men', but that's how it is.