Continuing European run...or League title?

Guest TheWorthyEd

Guest TheWorthyEd

Hello to all - first time poster here.

It is my fear that having SPL games postponed to allow more time to prepare for CL games could come back and bite us on the bum.

My priority this season (and every season) is the League title - anything else is gravy so for me it makes no sense to create a backlog of League fixtures (and we're in both domestic cups) for ourselves which could result in a two-games-per-week run at a time when injuries, suspensions and the like are already creating problems for us.

:mad:

Welcome to Gersnet mate.

I agree the league should always take priority - especially when one considers the value of finishing first in terms of immediate qualification for the CL group stage.

Not only does finishing 2nd in the league represent failure, having to play risky CL qualifiers is a genuine financial gamble.

In fact, I don't see why European success (relatively speaking) and SPL success have to be mutually exclusive. We can and should be doing both.

Time for us to start winning the league again. Anything else is unacceptable.

A loud bell goes off in my house when I get daft admin emails... :fish:

Nah, usually get to work early at this time mate. Means I can sneak off at the back of 3 missing the traffic in both directions...

If we can call this 'work'... ;)

Hello to all - first time poster here.

It is my fear that having SPL games postponed to allow more time to prepare for CL games could come back and bite us on the bum.

My priority this season (and every season) is the League title - anything else is gravy so for me it makes no sense to create a backlog of League fixtures (and we're in both domestic cups) for ourselves which could result in a two-games-per-week run at a time when injuries, suspensions and the like are already creating problems for us.

:mad:

Welcome mate.

I think everybody is in agreement that the SPL title is and always will be the main priority.

But as Frankie said,why can't we compete in europe as well ?

We have a better team than C****c and yet they seem to be able play some pretty good football against better teams. And we struggle to get into a game, and indeed create chances. We are better than them and we should be in the second stages already.

We have a better team than C****c and yet they seem to be able play some pretty good football against better teams. And we struggle to get into a game, and indeed create chances. We are better than them and we should be in the second stages already.

Have a bit of faith my man.............we will be :cheers: