Clubs hold ‘serious concerns’ over the independence of the Governance report

17 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Whatever became of Police Scotland's investigation into the fire bombing of Peter's house in Thorntonhall?

I remember Police Scotland's first response was they were refusing to rule out a sectarian motive for the attack. Maybe the investigation led down a road closer to home?

We should be told.

was gangsters trying to launder money and he refused. Ironic given he laundered money for kelly and white as part of a reciprocal agreement where torbett got kids in return. 

13 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I suspect you are correct.

It must be over a couple of years past that I was told of an alleged rumour involving former Chair of the Football Association of Ireland, John Delaney. He was also a Board member of UEFA's Executive Committee. I am sure you remember the outrageous circumstances of his resignation from both posts? Anyways, apparently the unravelling of Delaney's life provided opportunity for Lawwell, he had always fancied a post on UEFA's Executive Committee. The shoo in became acrimonious as Delaney believed he had been back stabbed.

Remember the FAI was on the brink of bankruptcy when Delaney(the Chair) provided a one million Euros emergency loan from his property portfolio account. His resignation was demanded and subsequently he lost his treasured place on UEFA's Executive Committee. He divorced the wife, married his long term mistress and, moved his new wife and child to London. He had been in the UK a matter of months when the well connected Delaney swore revenge. I was asked to connect the dots.

I believe Peter serves on two UEFA Committees, Vice-Chair of one.

Interesting.

One aspect alleged is that the SPFL exec amended the version of the report that has been selectively distributed to clubs.  If that is true, the authors Henderson Loggie will be absolutely fuming.

This story has more legs.

I don't get the interest, in all honesty.  You'd have to be a total moon-unit to think this lot have any integrity.  

Even if they get rid of Doncaster, he'll just be replaced by someone similar.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I don't get the interest, in all honesty.  You'd have to be a total moon-unit to think this lot have any integrity.  

Even if they get rid of Doncaster, he'll just be replaced by someone similar.

To my mind, if it was just us against the whole of Scottish football like it has been in recent times, then yes it would be easily shunted to the sidelines.

This time though, its at least half of the top league clubs and there is yet more allegations of improper conduct and manipulation of facts.  

I get your sense of futulity but eventually the tide does turn, I'm just sensing something different this time.

2 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I get your sense of futulity but eventually the tide does turn, I'm just sensing something different this time.

I hope you're right but won't hold my breath.