[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Well Dickenson didn't wait for VAR last night, couldn't wait to give penalty (wrongly) against us. 

I'd say that's a definite penalty in modern football, regardless of who's playing.  See them given all the time.

Arm raised when in contact with ball = penalty.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say that's a definite penalty in modern football, regardless of who's playing.  See them given all the time.

Arm raised when in contact with ball = penalty.

But it wasn't raised- when the ball hit his arm, his arm was against his body. His arm "jumped" when the ball hit it.

If Bobby Madden is saying it isn't a penalty, then that says more about the incident than I ever could.

The Mayo non-penalty is much more of a penalty than the Lunsdtram incident. Conveniently missed by all the on-field officials and the VAR officials.

The penalty to Rangers narrative has certainly had the desire affect. 

It would be interesting to see how many of the penalties (or percentage)  we've been awarded this season have been awarded by VAR and not the on-field officials.  

Edited by CammyF

VAR has been an unalloyed success in making clear that officiating of professional football matches in Scotland is rotten, stinking, and corrupt to its very core. 

Previously, ridiculous decisions which could not favour our (generally, our) opponents more if they had been been planned, and practiced, and professionally executed, could be put down to genuine errors, or to the overall hopelessness of officials, as 'typical', with little more than exasperation. 

Now with VAR, we cannot shrug off, say, the handball by Lewis Mayo, and, having watched several repetitions on our home screens, accept that it did not meet any criterion for 'Penalty to Rangers'. To reject the evidence of our eyes, would be to accept that the referee, his assistant (linesman, as was), and two video assistants, all made the same genuine error in interpretation, and that that coincidence occurred with -despite- the benefit of replay, upon replay.

You will doubtless recall other curious, mistaken, decisions, against us,  by teams of officials, who are nominally charged to act with objectivity and fairness, and whom we expect to do so.

I am left to conclude, thanks to VAR, that the game is a bogey, and appears to be rigged. 

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

🤣

clearly shows Lundstrams arm is not in an unnatural position when the ball hits him = no penalty under the current rules and regulations. 

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

Tbf I do agree with @CammyF, at point of contact it isn't a pen.

Where Lundstram sells himself is that he doesn't brace his arm, he raises it.

I don't think it's a point of agreeing with me, it's agreeing with the vast majority of the people who've seen the game / incident. 

Just on pitches in the SPFL and what we played on last night...the pitch at Ibrox is premier league standard these days imo. Whenever I've come up for the games this season I've been really impressed by the surface.

Best in Scotland by a long way - it's not like we're not practicing what we preach when we're calling for better pitches.

15 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Where Lundstram sells himself is that he doesn't brace his arm, he raises it.

Yes, handball penalties are not exclusively given at 'point if contact'.  He raised his arm during contact with a ball which was heading into the box.

It's 100% a penalty in modern football.  Lundstram barely contested it.

I get there are lots of poor decisions in Scottish football (Hearts penalty and St Mirren handball, just this week) but that wasn't one of them.