[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

I'm usually somewhat nervous ahead of visiting Rugby Park but the assurance of the manager and the focus of the team of late means I'm confident for tomorrow night. As always team not easy to predict but something along these lines perhaps likely.

GHWUlK1WcAI0D0J?format=jpg&name=large

Could be Sterling is used on the right again to add cover for Tav, allowing Raskin a start alongside Lundstram. I also wonder if manager might be tempted into starting Balogun (or Davies) given the surface?

Pitch may mean bench for Lawrence but his early sub off on Saturday may suggest otherwise.

Not a venue we've done well at of late.  McInnes teams are generally well drilled and they've beaten ourselves and Celtc this season.

Let's hope our good form continues.  A victory tomorrow night would be a big marker of our progress. 

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not a venue we've done well at of late.  McInnes teams are generally well drilled and they've beaten ourselves and Celtc this season.

Let's hope our good form continues.  A victory tomorrow night would be a big marker of our progress. 

Killie are indeed a well drilled, hard working team who won't allow us to knock the ball about.

We'll need to use the ball quickly and be very careful on the transition as we left gaps a few times v Hearts in both halves. Arguably biggest pleasing aspect of Clement's reign is our ability to be unpredictable both in terms of selection and the way we play.

I'm really excited to see how we approach a test that has stumped us various times in recent years.

Since we returned to the Premiership, our league record at Rugby Park on the drastic plastic has been poor. This will be our eleventh visit.

Thus far : played 10, won 3, drew 2 and, lost 5.

I suspect big Phil will bring his practical head similar to both Saints games at Paisley and Perth. The surface is the same for both teams but, Killie train on it every day. The Saints' surfaces were not ideal and Phil instructed the team to continually turn the opposition by balls over the top, up the sides and, long diagonals. 

We must match Killie's work ethic and stop their crosses.