[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If only we had signed a #9 in January.. oh don’t need one we have silva and Dessers…

We signed Silva. 

I did expect more from him, though. 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We are now so short in wide areas that Lovelace and Archie Steven’s are probably next in line for consideration. We can’t keep playing Sterling there.

Sterling is good in certain games, but he is a defender so you do miss an attacking threat. 

I would actually rather see attacking youngsters get a game over shoehorning in players. 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He might identify as a #9 but he fails the eye test on that one.

He is a #9, but I agree he hasn't shown up well in terms of scoring goals. 

We didn't play better or worse than throughout the season. Missed tons of chances, played far too complicated in front of goals and left ourselves open a few times at the back. Only today the opposition managed to score more often.

Their first came from a freekick as laughable as the full refereeing performance. The second was opportunism pure. Motherwell, like most others in the league, just parks the bus, tackles hard and lives of scraps and pieces. By now, you would think that some manager and a few players wake up to that.

As I said, not much different a performance than most others - bar a hatful of wasted passes from unexpected origins. Would have hooked Sterling after 60,at the latest after 75 mins, his countable contribution from the right was not really there.

Silva should keep his place alongside whoever is considered centre-forward. We look more dangerous with two real strikers up top, despite them not clicking today.