[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

On 04/03/2024 at 13:27, CammyF said:

The saying "you don't realise what you had until its gone' will be more true for Tav than it has been for the vast majority / any player / manager we've had since 2013.  

... a saying we have heard over and over again since everyone slung a Rangers scarf around his/her neck for the first time. And yet, we strode on from one title to another. Latest examples, Morelos and Kent. No-one is denying the impact Tavernier has made over the years. A bit of perspective comes in handy, though.

Edited by der Berliner

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... a saying we have heard over and over again since everyone slung a Rangers scarf around his/her neck for the first time. And yet, we strode on from one title to another. Latest examples, Morelos and Kent. No-one is denying the impact Tavernier has made over the years. A bit of perspective comes in handy, though.

What perspective? 

It's stats are undeniable, his worth to the team / club has been well published by team-mates and managers (both past and present).

Tav has done what great Rangers players do. He has positively impacted the team, he carries himself brilliantly, he is always available for selection and most importantly, he blocks out the off-field noise and continually proves his critics wrong. Long may that continue. 

It's always useful to be able to tell the difference between the future and the past. It's a lazy assumption to think someone who filled a mighty hole in the past will necessarily leave an equally big hole when they leave. Spoiler alert - they never do.

I don't think anyone said that Tav will not be replaceable. However his worth to the current team is undeniable and there has been no urgent need to replace him given what he has brought and continues to bring to the team.

I'd be very surprised if we found another right back, costing us £200,000 who'll contribute as much to the team as Tav has.

I hope I'm wrong. 

52 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't think anyone said that Tav will not be replaceable. However his worth to the current team is undeniable and there has been no urgent need to replace him given what he has brought and continues to bring to the team.

I'd be very surprised if we found another right back, costing us £200,000 who'll contribute as much to the team as Tav has.

I hope I'm wrong. 

I think you should re-post this again and again and again.

Oh wait ...

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think you should re-post this again and again and again.

Oh wait ...

Thanks for the authorisation to use the forum. I need to remember you are the the person responsible for the content of these forums.

There is an option that may be alien to you, if you don't like something that's posted, you can chose to ignore it. 

Far more productive than a snide response.