[FT] Hibernian 0 - 2 Rangers (Lundstram 23; Silva 83)

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't know - hard to argue with the penalty or either of the red cards. I think only Michael Stewart has an issue with them.

John Collins on BBC saying referee got all 3 decisions correct. Tells its own story. 

They may be 'correct' (they were), but would we have expected such interpretation, in the normal run of events?

Thought that after a shaky start Lundstram and Souttar had decent games. Silva outstanding turn and finish, but othet than that and being into semi-fianl, not many more positives. 

Onto Thursday now, hopefully PC can cobble a team together 

Just now, CammyF said:

Thought that after a shaky start Lundstram and Souttar had decent games. Silva outstanding turn and finish, but othet than that and being into semi-fianl, not many more positives. 

Onto Thursday now, hopefully PC can cobble a team together 

I’m available 

Hard to watch at times, some of the passing and decision-making in critical moments were closer to Hibs' level than ours. Difficult game nontheless now out of the way, let's see who is next.

NB: It's sort of strange that you have some guys who come in and click instantly, McCausland, Silva, Sima, or Ridvan. And then there is Matondo, who was quite good when he received his injury but somehow looks much more like his first days with us now. These looks where your gut feeling somehow tells you that something ain't right for him to click with us. (I know that - by default - from now on, he'll have a super career with Rangers FC, but still ... )

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

They may be 'correct' (they were), but would we have expected such interpretation, in the normal run of events?

Other than penalty, yes. 

The 2nd yellow and red card were obvious decisions. Its easy to criticise refs but McLean got all major decisions correct.

I thought pen was soft until I saw replays, so Referee did well to spot it. I'm sure VAR would have given it of ref missed it.