Lundstram: renew or release?

Lundstram: Renew or Release?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Renew or Release?

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ibrox Noise if a load of rubbish.

Stats don't paint a full picture.

Ibrox Noise is a load of rubbish. 

It's an interesting stat, though. It could be a flaw of his, or it could be just where he's positioned, in any case we should be covering for it. 

Nevertheless, it is just one stat - the rest of his defensive stats are pretty good:

Screenshot2024-03-2010_07_37.thumb.png.db413e7d2e4ab74493c81df0f2bbcb14.png

48 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ibrox Noise if a load of rubbish.

Stats don't paint a full picture.

John Lundstram is simply benefiting by 'being there' during a fantastic run of TEAM form.

John shows up to work, doesn't get injured, and is therefore, by default, 'an integral part' of the team.

Really, let's be honest here...the man has not been hurt.

That is his greatest contribution.

Lundstram has always been and will always be, mediocre. 

Four year deal incoming. 

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

John Lundstram is simply benefiting by 'being there' during a fantastic run of TEAM form.

John shows up to work, doesn't get injured, and is therefore, by default, 'an integral part' of the team.

Really, let's be honest here...the man has not been hurt.

That is his greatest contribution.

Lundstram has always been and will always be, mediocre. 

You obviously haven't watched many games under Clement.

On 10/03/2024 at 13:51, Rousseau said:

I was always in favour of retaining Ryan Jack, with the caveat that he would be able to play 20-30 games. 

He's only played 12 games worth of minutes this season (1080 minutes from 22 appearances), unfortunately. 

I think it's time to release him this season. 

I heard from a very good source a few days ago that if Jack plays another 3 games this season it triggers an automatic one-year extension. I heard PC isnt happy with that so dont expect to see him again unless in an emergency. 

I think at Lundstram's age we would surely just be looking at a one or two year extension only?  That seemed to be the model for Arfield, Jack, McGregor and one or two others in recent years.  Saying that, I could well see that he wants to secure a long term deal and that might mean him moving on.

48 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I think at Lundstram's age we would surely just be looking at a one or two year extension only?  That seemed to be the model for Arfield, Jack, McGregor and one or two others in recent years.  Saying that, I could well see that he wants to secure a long term deal and that might mean him moving on.

Nope. 

8-year deal. 

Tellin' ye. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I heard from a very good source a few days ago that if Jack plays another 3 games this season it triggers an automatic one-year extension. I heard PC isnt happy with that so dont expect to see him again unless in an emergency. 

I'm quite pleased that this forces us to let his contract run out - I would presume the renewal would be similar to what he's currently on, which would be a mistake to continue with. 

8 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The stats suggest Lundstram is better as the deeper of the two 6s, and let another be the ball carrier, like Diomande or Raskin. 

Thanks for the stats Rousseau.  I don't read Ibrox noise.  He is very negative about the club and individuals and we get enough of that from our enemies but I have my doubts he is a Rangers fan.