Lets prouve ourself no PUSHOVERS

Guest scottheger

The difference is Celtic are not scared to have a go at teams and play with attack minded players. We are so flat it is beyond belief.

McCulloch after his good early start to the season looks like he needs a rest. Thomson doesnt offer anything going forward, Hemdani plays once every 3 or 4 weeks and Ferguson blows hot and cold and will never be a creative striker.

I can't argue with that but i do have a little faith in Thomson. I actually see a lot of good in him. His biggest problem is he thinks he has to play second fiddle to Fergie. We desperately need to replace fergie with a more offensive player and play Thomson as defending midfielder.

Celtic do play a more attractive brand of football in Europe - but they also carry huge heapings of luck (and yes, some would say you make your own luck).

But look at their CL group stage vs ours

Us

1. Came back valiantly from 1 down at home to beat Stuttgart

2. Easy win over Lyon who did hit the woodwork but never really threatened too much

3. Good point, perhaps lucky, against Barcelona

4. Beat against Barca - no shame

5. Beat against Stuttgart, could have done better - lost a late goal to lose game

6. Shit tonight.

Them

1. Absolutely pumped away to Shaktar

2. Injury time goal to beat AC Milan

3. Late goal to unluckily lose to Benfica

4. Beat Benfica, cant even remember how it went.

5. Injury time goal to beat Shaktar.

6. Lose to AC but Shaktar fail to win at home to Benfica (the same team Shaktar had already beaten away from home) to go through.

Maybe I am biased (yes I am) but they seemed to carry a LOT of luck whilst we didn't carry a great deal (perhaps a little bit in game 1 and a bit at home to Barca - but thereafter we had little luck).

I am just venting I guess - but it could also be argued that if you have a go you can create your own luck as you create more chances.

Celtic do play a more attractive brand of football in Europe - but they also carry huge heapings of luck (and yes, some would say you make your own luck).

Us

2. Easy win over Lyon who did hit the woodwork but never really threatened too much

5. Beat against Stuttgart, could have done better - lost a late goal to lose game

6. Shit tonight.

Them

6. Lose to AC but Shaktar fail to win at home to Benfica (the same team Shaktar had already beaten away from home) to go through.

Maybe I am biased (yes I am) but they seemed to carry a LOT of luck whilst we didn't carry a great deal (perhaps a little bit in game 1 and a bit at home to Barca - but thereafter we had little luck).

I am just venting I guess - but it could also be argued that if you have a go you can create your own luck as you create more chances.

At the end of the day, it is the tables that count and we are 3rd. C****c are 2nd and they beat the current holders. No matter how late the goals come they count, and no matter how much you think they are lucky you have to at least try and make it. The last 3 games we haven't, and that is what counts.

At the end of the day, it is the tables that count and we are 3rd. C****c are 2nd and they beat the current holders. No matter how late the goals come they count, and no matter how much you think they are lucky you have to at least try and make it. The last 3 games we haven't, and that is what counts.

I know, and you are right. It is galling how they do seem to get more than their fare share of luck too though. Bitter ? Yep.

Us

6. Shit tonight.

Them

I dont want to compare with them but they have the bit between the teeth at the moment though. You just know they are going to score late on in a game - they are like Man U in that sense. They keep driving and at least the are creating chances - something we are not. We didnt look like scoring last night bar a 15 min spell when JCD came on.

Yes they had a easier group on paper but Shaktar spent big in the summer aswell.

And yes they got a late winner to beat Ac Milan but fook me id have taken that in our game against Barca - they still beat the holders.

Your right they do get a bit lucky but they also create some of there luck.