Rangers 0 : 3 Lyon - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I agree i thought Whittekar had a good game and deserved to be Motm.

Thomson was the only other ray of sunlight. McGregor pass marks but could have done better with the goal. What a pity McGregor has chosen Stuttgart and Lyon to make his biggest blunders. Maybe they shoot harder in Europe.

I agree i thought Whittekar had a good game and deserved to be Motm.

Thomson was the only other ray of sunlight. McGregor pass marks but could have done better with the goal. What a pity McGregor has chosen Stuttgart and Lyon to make his biggest blunders. Maybe they shoot harder in Europe.

give AM his due he did say he didn't like the CL balls :devil:

I would have to say Hemdani, but thought Whittaker was excellent too. Great clearance off the line. Fergie's run into the box to set up JC was different class.

Cant agree mate, Hemdani had his worst game that Ive seen him play, Whittaker was out of his depth and he got very lucky with that clearance off the line - from his own mistake in the first place - the striker should have burried it.

Fergusons run was good and I was kinda hoping he would go down for a penalty (with a trip of course) but thats all he did the hole game

Cant agree mate, Hemdani had his worst game that Ive seen him play, Whittaker was out of his depth and he got very lucky with that clearance off the line - from his own mistake in the first place - the striker should have burried it.

Fergusons run was good and I was kinda hoping he would go down for a penalty (with a trip of course) but thats all he did the hole game[/QUOTE]

He was playing in the hole behind the striker.:)

Whittaker was out of his depth and he got very lucky with that clearance off the line - from his own mistake in the first place - the striker should have burried it.

you stick to your guns when you don't like or do like someone m8 eh :fish:

I think the majority of posts anywhere i've read have said that Whittaker was MOTM, and to say he was out of his depth is a bit harsh IMO, he is still young and learning at this level. I thought him and Thomson were the best we had last night, to say SW got lucky with the clearance is also a bit harsh m8, he more than made up for his mistake IMO just by running to the goal line when he seen the striker go round the keeper, if your not there it's a goal, how many times do you see that when the striker miss hits it in that position and the defender is beaten, the striker should have scored but to say SW was lucky is not what I would ever say about it, he done well IMO.

His crossing was bad but got stuck in tried to go forward without much help and done well IMO and more than most on the night.

:cheers:

you stick to your guns when you don't like or do like someone m8 eh :fish:

:cheers:

I sure do, I think it stems from watching Rangers from a good era onwards in my youth and us being blessed with so many winners like Richard Gough throughout the 20 years Ive watched Gers (fook me I feel as old as Pete and Jon saying that and im only 28).

Ive always known Gers teams and players to be winners and I feel we have had so many average players in the last few years and that is ONE of the reasons we went backwards and have struggled for a trophy. Obviously I accept we need to go backwards to go forwards under the financial restrictions we have / had and that things change with time but buying average players isnt forced upon us. Until the likes of Whittaker brings his game to a new level week in week out then I will continue to say he isnt good enough :)