14 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

A trip to the Club Deck would be like rewarding them. Let the Club Deck remain for the chosen.

I'd rather sit in the away area between the Govan and the Broomloan than sit in the uncomfortable seats in the far away corner of the Club Deck.

I don't expect this to be a popular opinion but see when you take away some of the tit for tat songs and provoking of players and opposition supporters I think it detracts from the overall atmosphere.

Although I can understand offensive songs is right up there with dodgy firestick streams in terms of the biggest problems the UK has to deal with in 2024 so it no doubt needs our full attention. 

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Although I can understand offensive songs is right up there with dodgy firestick streams in terms of the biggest problems the UK has to deal with in 2024 so it no doubt needs our full attention. 

Chris McLaughlin agrees with you.  But only when it's Rangers singing naughty songs -never a whimper out of the freak when that lot, Aberdeen or Hibs do it.  

I can't believe what a bunch of big pansies football fans have become.  The nastiness is part of what drew me into football as a kid - I loved it.  

When will Scottish football say enough is enough?

By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland sports news correspondent

Hibernian are reducing the ticket allocation for away supporters at its Easter Road stadium in response to what it described as "abhorrent behaviour and chanting made by some supporters".

The Scottish Premiership club wants action to be taken on issues such as sectarian singing, the use of pyrotechnics and objects being thrown on the pitch.

Hibs say enough is enough, but when does the unacceptable conduct of some fans at Scottish football really become enough for the rest of the clubs and for those running the game?

The strength of the statement from the Easter Road club earlier this week was telling.

There was an undertone of exasperation that wasn't lost on those tasked with keeping football a safe and welcoming place for everyone.

Those within the SPFL and SFA are well used to unwanted attention for what is an unwanted problem, but rarely from such a high-profile member club.

Make no mistake, Hibs have rocked the boat and in doing so, they have also raised the spectre of strict liability.

Their statement calling on everyone to act was borne of home fans' frustration at some of the sectarian chants heard during their Scottish Cup match with Rangers.

In calling that and other issues out, Hibs were also quick to admit they have problems of their own.

Anyone who saw the chilling image of the freshly thrown bottle opener, lying in the grass beside Hearts forward Lawrence Shankland during the recent Edinburgh derby, would agree.

In state of the art stadiums packed with CCTV, the coins and pies of the past have been joined by lighters, vapes and bottle openers. There are some arrests but the problem persists.

It's a similar story with pyrotechnics.

Warnings have been issued, sniffer dogs deployed but the flares and smoke bombs persist.

As for the issue once described as Scotland's shame - few would argue that sectarianism isn't alive and kicking inside Scottish football grounds in 2024.

Songs that many thought were confined to the 1970s and '80s are back and being chanted, seemingly unchallenged.

Various explanations have been offered up in mitigation for an apparent rise in unacceptable conduct at Scottish football.

The rise of the ultras culture, the current social and political climate and even pent-up, post-Covid frustrations.

Whatever the cause, the age-old problems for the game remain the same with a few new ones thrown in.

The attempts to fix them haven't changed much either.

Summits and working groups have been the football governance moves.

Warnings of getting tough has been the police line and the Scottish government tried and failed with the much maligned Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Hibernian now say they'll reduce the number of away tickets issued for certain fixtures - they, like others in recent years are playing the numbers game.

Fewer fans should mean less chance of bother and a better chance of catching those who cause it anyway.

But Hibs' frustration has now led them to consider what Scottish football has always pushed back on - strict liability.

It's a system where clubs could be punished for the poor behaviour of their fans.

Fines, point deductions and even stadium closures are among the powers available to European governing body, UEFA who uses the system in its competitions.

The SFA has asked Hibs to state their case at an annual review of the association's rules but they'll do so knowing the governing body and the SPFL aren't keen.

They know that most clubs will be happy to take the hit and provide proof they tried their best to prevent.

What both governing bodies want is more action from the police - the police want more action from them.

The Scottish government watch on bruised from their previous involvement, and mostly ambivalent, hoping that football can sort itself.

So, for now, it's left to Hibs to try where others have failed.

If enough is really to be enough, they'll need others to help their push.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68549775

The BBC should be more interested in the Scottish courts effectively legalising sectarianism with the recent bizarre ruling that the H word isn't sectarian. 

This leads onto the major problem of strict liability. Who gets to define what is allowable and what isn't? It opens a can of worms, where every chant and song gets analysed to the nth degree, and decisions like how many seats need to be wrecked by the  Green Brigade before action is taken? 

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The BBC should be more interested in the Scottish courts effectively legalising sectarianism with the recent bizarre ruling that the H word isn't sectarian. 

This leads onto the major problem of strict liability. Who gets to define what is allowable and what isn't? It opens a can of worms, where every chant and song gets analysed to the nth degree, and decisions like how many seats need to be wrecked by the  Green Brigade before action is taken? 

Its tiresome and as others have said there was silence when we were 8 points behind

Orange B Hun B Protestant B Masonic B are some of the more polite things I've been called in my lifetime nothing that a good hard right hander doesn't make them think twice of repeating none have ever said it again so lets all grow a pair and deal with it it's a nice pleasant feeling when you see them lying sparkled out .

Hibs better be careful with what they wish for with strict liability.  Celtic fans are the worst of the lot and the club know it.  It won't be supported by the other clubs nor should it.

Edited by Blue Moon