[Match Postponed] Dundee v Rangers

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Pretty level, to be fair. 

Defensively, Barisic shades it - except for interceptions and pressing. 

Offensively, Ridvan shades it - except for the important assist number. 

It really highlights how they differ in style: Barisic is better defensively deep (low block) , passes and assists; Ridvan is better defensively higher up the pitch (high press) , and dribbling and shooting. 

You can see why PC might prefer Ridvan. 

If only they could be combined into one left back 😀

It's a decent discussion, and I always appreciate it when there's stats in a thread, but I don't know how anyone can go into bat for Barisic over Ridvan nowadays?

Borna will clock up chances created in a game because he'll swing in about 15 crosses - if only 3 are accurate he's probably got an xA of 0.25-0.30.

There's still a section of our fanbase that just won't have Ridvan, I don't know if it's because he's small or what.

It's that classic Scottish 'don't back down, double down' attitude.

God help us, we've got a young player with potential and we're not willing to let him develop given game time?

No wonder the player trading model is in the mud.

12 minutes ago, yuddie said:

It's a decent discussion, and I always appreciate it when there's stats in a thread, but I don't know how anyone can go into bat for Barisic over Ridvan nowadays?

Borna will clock up chances created in a game because he'll swing in about 15 crosses - if only 3 are accurate he's probably got an xA of 0.25-0.30.

There's still a section of our fanbase that just won't have Ridvan, I don't know if it's because he's small or what.

It's that classic Scottish 'don't back down, double down' attitude.

God help us, we've got a young player with potential and we're not willing to let him develop given game time?

No wonder the player trading model is in the mud.

Weirdly, the stats would make it easier for someone to go into bat for Borna Barisic as they show it could be argued he's definitely as good as, or even better than Ridvan Yilmaz. 

Again, weirdly, I hear / see far more fans doubling down on Ridvan being better, when the stats aren't really there to prove that.

We paid a lot of money for Ridvan, so would need to recoup £8-£10M for him to be classed as a trading model success.

I'm not and never have gone into bat for Barasic. I've continually said that they are a much of a muchness and the stats @Rousseau kindly provided show that my opinion is almost spot on (for a change). 

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

If Ridvan had dropped 2 acid and wore a dress for the match, I'd still have him playing before Barisic.

Ain’t that the truth. I’d rather have a tired Yilmaz than a fullback whose only trick is passing backwards

The one thing more difficult to measure is Ridvan's energy compared to Barisic, although that probably isn't a factor considering how shattered Ridvan looked the other night.

1 minute ago, Blue Moon said:

The one thing more difficult to measure is Ridvan's energy compared to Barisic, although that probably isn't a factor considering how shattered Ridvan looked the other night.

Is it possible that making effort is a basis for being shattered?

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Which was my initial point - not who was better, but how tired Ridvan was on Thursday night. 

He want the only one to be fair to him, but no getting way from the fact he looked out on his arse on Thursday. 

The debate on who is better is down to opinion, but using statistics, they are pretty even.

Just now, Blue Moon said:

Obviously, so fresh legs might be useful.  

Might depend on whose fresh legs you chose. Is the Dujon available yet?