Beale surprised to get Rangers job

42 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Too easily forgotten Ross Wilson had Douglas Park to contend with whilst he was Rangers DoF. 

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

What impact did Park have on Wilson's performance? 

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

No, but I wasn't sure of the point you were trying to make 🤷‍♂️

My point was that using Wilson's (mixed) record to make excuses for GvB is pointless. It is just kicking the can down the road. 

RANGERRAB also never misses an opportunity - justified or not - to criticise the DoF model. 

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

My point was that using Wilson's (mixed) record to make excuses for GvB is pointless. It is just kicking the can down the road. 

RANGERRAB also never misses an opportunity - justified or not - to criticise the DoF model. 

I’m not opposed to the DoF role. Wilson was the wrong man & seemed accountable to no one

This was the Stick to Football podcast from a couple of weeks ago, featuring Les Ferdinand.

They discuss Michael Beale (the video should start at that point). 

His discussion about his time as QPR DoF is quite interesting, too, if anyone is interested; the video is timestamped so you should be able to find that section (about the 41:30 minute mark). 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

This was the Stick to Football podcast from a couple of weeks ago, featuring Les Ferdinand.

His discussion about his time as QPR DoF is quite interesting, too, if anyone is interested; the video is timestamped so you should be able to find that section (about the 41:30 minute mark). 

Any chance you can just summarise what he said? Where do you find the time to listen to all this stuff? I hardly have enough time to catch up on Gersnet never mind podcasts from randoms!!

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I mean Ferdinand is unlikely to say appointing Beale was a mistake as that would reflect badly on him. But it does make you wonder if he started to believe his own hype and simply lost his way. We forget that when he first joined us we did well, he lifted the place, had us playing decent football and had a good January window. In the end he had to go, it wasn't working and I've no regrets over that.