13 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I heard the Perth rumour a few days ago, it’s going to be closed doors and announced on Tuesday if there is any more rain, or indeed rain still forecast for Wednesday by then.

I also think, and this is just my guess, that now Dundee have earned top 6, we will be scheduled to play them away again but they are going to have to play their remaining home games at Perth, but there will be fans allowed to the post split games. 

I can see how as a contingency the game might be switched to Perth. I cannot see, however, any way all Dundee's post split games would be played there. Their pitch is a bit of a cow field as well, so doubling the number of games played there in such a short period is surely just compounding another pitch problem if the weather is wet? Having said that,it is the SPFL we're dealing with here, so I guess nothing would surprise me! 

Supporter Update: Dundee (A)

Wednesday's Scottish Premiership match with Dundee FC will be subject to a pitch inspection tomorrow morning, with weather forecasts for the remainder of Tuesday and Wednesday also being taken into account.

Should the pitch at Dens Park again be deemed unplayable or likely to be unplayable, the game will be moved to McDiarmid Park, Perth, with an 8pm kick-off on Wednesday, April, 17.

Following strong representations from Rangers, supporters who have tickets for Dens Park will be able to attend the game at McDiarmid Park, should it move.

Further information will follow tomorrow following the outcome of the pitch inspection. Rangers thanks our supporters for their ongoing patience with this situation.

The club’s dedicated customer service team are standing by to answer any queries travelling supporters may have. They can be reached at contact@rangers.co.uk

Curiosity couldn’t they have  done this last Wednesday! Especially with Perth being so close to the Dundee ground? 

Edited by Fa1833

Match on!

Thank God for Patrick Harvie, who, seemingly, has stopped global warming.

In only one small part of Dundee, granted, but a start is a start...

8 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

What happens if the 'climate changes' between now and kick off and the pitch gets a battering?

We will sink or swim. 

After the weekend, the smart money might be on the former.

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

We will sink or swim. 

After the weekend, the smart money might be on the former.

We shall walk upon the waters of Dens