[FT] Ross County 3 - 2 Rangers (Baldwin o.g. 15; Tavernier 89pen)

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

You’ve answered your own question 

So the manager is to blame as he didn't bring in the correct loan players? 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

What do you think out transfer budget will be in the summer? Seriously, how much money will Clement have to rebuild the entire defence and forward line? 

I don't think we need to rebuild the entire squad and it's not just about transfer fees, it's also about wages, we'll be freeing up a good chuck with players leaving at the end of their contract - Jack, Barisic, Roofe, as well as loan players we may not keep or be able afford, Silva, Sima, Cortes. Then we could look to sell two three  e.g. Wright, Lammers, Lunstram, Goldson, Tav, Dowell, Lawrence, Yimaz - some of which may have a decent price tag.  

Anyway, it's the board's problem, we don't know what appetite or capability they have to back Clement in the summer.

Otherwise, then, let's forget about league titles and European runs for the foreseeable and develop our youngsters. What do you want people to say? 

Edited by weebluedevil

Silva isn't a striker.  And apart from a couple of decent performances, he has been very underwhelming. 

Cortes looked the best of the bunch but he got injured.  Diamonde has looked quite good and I think we missed him today.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Surely some hard-up Sheikh with a football club would pay £500,000 for the pair. Good bargain.

I don’t know about hard up the sheikh would need to be half witted 

1 minute ago, weebluedevil said:

I don't think we need to rebuild the entire squad and it's not just about transfer fees, it's also about wages, we'll be freeing up a good chuck with players leaving at the end of their contract - Jack, Barisic, Roofe, as well as loan players we may want not keep or be able afford, Silva, Sima, Cortes. Anyway, it's the board's problem, we don't know what appetite or capability they have to back Clement in the summer.

Otherwise, then, let's forget about league titles and European runs for the foreseeable and develop our youngsters. What do you want people to say? 

I didn't say we needed to rebuild the entire squad but I think we do.

It's been said by a few we need to replace Tav, Goldson and Lundstram as a matter of urgency. Only one is out of contract in the summer. So how do we get rid or Tav and Goldson? 

If nobody wants to buy them, can we afford to have two of our highest earners warming the bench? We certainly can't afford to "pay them off" .

The situation we are currently in is a direct result of us standing still after winning 55. It appears to be a heavy price to pay. 

I would not want to keep any of the players we have on loan at the moment, and hope that shocking display by Lundstram puts a new contract for him in the bin. Our biggest issue for the monent has to be defence. I really feel sorry for the lad King who sits on the bench watching Goldson and Souttar who both suck.

When a team has defenders that can’t defend your in trouble from the word go add that to our half backs/midfielders who’s build up is so slow and ponderous you’re up shit creek .

Reading the thread it would appear that we are in agreement that we have defenders who can't defend, midfielders who can't midfield and strikers who can't strike and I'd argue that recently we have a keeper who can't keep and a manager who can't manage.......But apart from that, we're fine......

And to think a few short weeks ago we were in Europe, in pole position in the league and looking forward to a treble.