[FT] Ross County 3 - 2 Rangers (Baldwin o.g. 15; Tavernier 89pen)

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Dunno.  Maybe Diamonde, Souttar and Danilo as the spine.

I actually think Butland is a bit overrated. 

So we agree we have a massive rebuilding challange ahead. How it's funded is a major concern / question as our sellable assets are at a bare minimum.

Whilst Butland may be over-rated he'd get us a decent fee / profit but other than a Saudi club buying Tav, we're not getting much from player "trading".

We are obliged to pay £4M for Diomonde so that maybe a significant chunk of our transfer budget.

I'd look at getting Sima and Cortes back on loan as I don't think we'll be able to afford to buy them this close-season (unless we win the league). 

3 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Balogun:Vs CG 

I think at this moment  in time with Goldson playing bad With Baloguns  ability to play both as a center-back and a right-back provides tactical flexibility allowing Tav to move further up the field. 

Davies Vs JS 

Davies adaptability allows him to slot into different defensive roles seamlessly.

Whether it’s a back three or a traditional back four, Davies adjusts well, Yes JS does the darting runs up field but in recent games we have looked vulnerable at the back! I honestly couldn’t tell if they would work together JS and LB or BD & CG but something needs to get mixed up. Let’s hope Ridvan comes back soon as BB was shocking and Sterling had to step in. 

The issue with Ridvan is, as he has shown, he isn't reliable enough and appears to be injury prone and takes time to recover. Clement mentioned his latest injury wasn't "major" but he is yet to even make the bench, nevermind start. 

Davies in my opinion is a good footballer player, but not strong enough for the Scottish game.

Balogun is a squad player, no more no less and is out of contract and it would be criminal to give him a contract extension.

It doesn’t matter if we are stuck with players, if they aren’t good enough we have to find better. 

I actually like Tav and Goldson, but just like Morelos and Kent, we’ve let them stay too long. Individually I think they are excellent players, however they have been battered from pillar to post by Celtic for years and have barely put a dent in them. There is something wrong with their mentality.  We can’t be starting next season with these guys in our strongest lineup.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ridvan and Davies need moved on.

Davies another massive waste of resources. Our recruitment has been criminal.

I’m actually shocked Davies is still at the club, I thought he had moved on! 😐

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ridvan and Davies need moved on.

Davies another massive waste of resources. Our recruitment has been criminal.

There have been some notable exceptions, but as a rule, you atlre 100% correct, our recruitment and player trading has been awful. 

For Bisgrove and the board to allow Beale to have complete control of recruitment in the summer was a worse decision than hiring him in the first place. 

We just make bad decision after bad decision and with each bad decision, we knock ourself further back. 

5 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Butland did this.

Comparing apples and bananas  - Butland was out of contract and had made only 10 appearances in 3 years. 

11 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

It doesn’t matter if we are stuck with players, if they aren’t good enough we have to find better. 

I actually like Tav and Goldson, but just like Morelos and Kent, we’ve let them stay too long. Individually I think they are excellent players, however they have been battered from pillar to post by Celtic for years and have barely put a dent in them. There is something wrong with their mentality.  We can’t be starting next season with these guys in our strongest lineup.

At least Tav won't be facing Maeda again - he has a mental block with him.