Summer 2024: Rip it up and start again?

On 02/05/2024 at 14:09, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I dont hold any hope that Danilo is any better than Dessers.

He's so bad that he's on 20 goals now. Imagine we'd play two strikers or have him take the penalties!

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

He's so bad that he's on 20 goals now. Imagine we'd play two strikers or have him take the penalties!

If goals was the only measure of a players success then yeah, but some of us watch him play.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Seems this is all they do at Rangers rip it up and start again we need to build not pull down.

The core of the team needs dismantled before a proper rebuild starts.  Unless you want Goldson, Tav, Lundstram and Dessers starting for us in 2024/25, which would be silly.  

58 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The core of the team needs dismantled before a proper rebuild starts.  Unless you want Goldson, Tav, Lundstram and Dessers starting for us in 2024/25, which would be silly.  

I would get rid of most of the present team but we can't afford to do that so it's a case of sticking with the best of a bad lot by the way Tav Goldson and Lundstram would go first .

Northern Ireland defender Paddy McNair has confirmed he will be leaving Middlesbrough this summer and a move to Rangers is likely to appeal for the 29-year-old, who is a boyhood fan of the Ibrox side. (Belfast Telegraph)

A move to Rangers would "appeal to me" too, so I can whip some tactical sense into the management team ...

30 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't have to rip everything up. There are weaknesses in our squad, but its core is capable of winning the League Cup, reaching the Scottish Cup Final, the last 16 in Europe and taking the title to the final weeks. Some judicious improvement might be all that's required. 

Absolutely.

I think Clement has been a bit of a victim of his own success, I mean no one had us anywhere near the title when he came in, then we gave him zero budget in january, but now we're disappointed as it feels like we chucked a very good position - that his management took us to. 

First thing to go would be that Tina Turner song Simply the best we have a nerve playing that stupid song