[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 5, 78) - 0 Hearts

We were much better today, showed a lot of effort and commitment and some lovely moments, especially from Diomande and Cantwell.  Great to see Balogun and  Diomande back and McAusland doing well for us too, especially tracking back.  Dujon had a good game also.  Well done to Dessers for his 2 goals.  Lundstram started badly but came onto a good game.  The keeper made a couple of excellent saves.  I didn't miss Connor Goldson slowing the game down by taking too long on the ball and the boring  passes along the back line.  We have given ourselves a good platform now and need to carry the same urgency into our next game.

Thought we dealt with the jam tarts no well today. If I could clone Big Balogun I'd paly him next to himself and get rid of Souttar too. Well done Leon. Diomande brought some composure back to the midfield and showed his class on a couple of occaisions. Both Cantwell and Sterling played like lions today Tav even lifted himself to have his best game in a fair while. But of them all I thought Dessers was excellent and could easily have had a hat trick, but tried to give a goal to Silva who I think was anticipating a tackle and went down like burst ball. Hopefully Shanklands admirers will calm down a bit now, he is never a Rangers player, and barring a good cross did little of import in the game. 

We got there in the end with a goal at the start & one at the end. However I felt we fell out the game a bit after the first goal although Hearts created few clear chances.

Thought MacAusland had his best game for a while although injuries to Sima and Matondo will be a worry.

Good to see Dessers get a couple of goals. Hopefully that’ll boost his confidence between now & the end of the season.

Am I the only one who thought Shankland was largely anonymous against us again today? He’d find it harder to score against packed defences for Rangers than he does for hertz. Maybe I’m not the only one unconvinced by him

It looks like Clement has gone back to basics in the last couple of games and who can blame him.

When Cantwell sets the tempo we play well - when we did play well today he was usually at the heart of it so it checks out.

Minimum from the season is 2 cups now - that's what we can control, the rest will take care of itself if we win our remaining games.

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

I don't know about use but I put the game on 5 mins before kick off and that’s never happened before! I thought Goldson coming off for Balogun was a good idea ! Yes he had a few dodgy moments let’s call them lack of game time but overall solid allowing Tav to move up field and more or less contributed towards the first goal, Soutar on the other hand was usual with  Matondo who is always  trying to replicate his two goals previously and lacked any real threat or input , Dessers and John Lundstram were the key men along with Sterling, Diomande has the energy and the pace to play a full 90 mins but JL just lacked the pace towards the 80 mark in which I thought Diomande and Raskin could of caused some more trouble in the midfield if he had stayed on the pitch. If silva wasn’t so desperate to score so many goals then he may have had one but was so blindsided by thinking Dessers was going to score he flung himself forward in a strop and tripped up on his own feet. It’s a step forward indeed and that’s the main thing. The one thing I was concerned about was when PC said he was going to play LB last week instead of CG but LB got injured surely he should of played BD regardless as surely that game against Ross county CG was shocking! Apologies Cantwell was brilliant I thought along with the link up play with Dessers played well today. 

Wtf.