January Betting Thread

It was funny handing my line into Coral, I had two, handed the coupon last.

The first was a Lucky 15 returning 85p, the second �£140. Lovely.

And I dunno chris, if the missus lets me decide where we're going in Paris, anywhere imparticular I should check out?

And I dunno chris, if the missus lets me decide where we're going in Paris, anywhere imparticular I should check out?

Not sure Fred..... :fish:

We went for 5 days but managed to crash a lot of the touristy sites in a day.

1. Obviously Eiffel Tower (I would go earlier as it gets mobbed later in the day)

2. Notre Dame cathedral was pretty cool

3. good view from Arc de Triomphe

4. A dinner cruise down the Seine is meant to be good too.

5. Place du Concorde and walking from there through the Tuileries Gardens was nice (if you go that way I think it is en route to Eiffel Tower)

6. Dinner or drinks on the Champs Elysees was really nice - very relaxing just watching the world go buy with a beer or wine.

7. We did the Louvre (primarily to see Mona Lisa) and I was more impressed with the artwork on the way to the room which houses Mona Lisa (wasnt overly impressed by Mona Lisa and you could hardly see anything for all the asian tourists)

8. We did Euro Disney which was ok but a fair hike just to go to a theme park

9. We were going to go to a graveyard which has a fair number of deceased celebrities in it including Jim Morrison - a bit morbid I know. Never got there as the metro station we were going through was closed, so we had to get off and on at a different station. Anyway, the station we had to get off at was right next to the Moulin Rouge - however, it is true red light stuff there - thankfully we were there during the day but it still is very seedy - so if going to see Moulin Rouge I would go during the day.

One place I really wanted to go to but we didnt as we needed to go by train was the Palace at Versailles - steeped in history and looked very cool from the Frommers I used as research.

We went to a topless revue which the Mrs wasnt looking forward to - but once you saw the act itself you barely noticed they were topless, very professional, would recommend it - cant remember the name of the place though.

I could probably come up with more if you like.

Cheers for that, Harry.

Think I'll take a wee note of all that and keep it close by :thup:

I liked the Latin Quarter. Trying to find your way about the metro is an absolute cunt but a highly entertaining adventure if you have the patience.

It was funny handing my line into Coral, I had two, handed the coupon last.

The first was a Lucky 15 returning 85p, the second �£140. Lovely.

That 140 quid was nice from a fiver mate