Gers v E.Stirling OFF

Cup Game Is Off

RANGERS' Scottish Cup clash with East Stirling has become a victim of the weather and there could be consequences for the rearranged Old Firm game on January 23.

Ibrox is waterlogged after torrential rain all night and this morning and a decision was taken to call off the fourth round Cup tie with the Third Division side.

Rangers officials are talking with the SPL and SFA right now to find out when the East Stirling match can now be played but January 23 is a Scottish Cup date.

We will have more on this story as soon as we can.

Just heard this on talksport - I know there isnt anything we can do about the weather but we do have forecasts and we should be looking at putting waterproof covers on the pitch along with the undersoil heating.

Another shout for the winter shutdown!!

It has apparently been torrential rain all night, and I have had a look on the BBC weather page and it backs it up, there is fuck all anyone can do because the water has nowhere to run to.

It is going to mean a fixture headache and with players waiting to serve bans etc, we might be right up the swanny in big games. Apart from that the Winter break should be from 24th Dec to the 24th Jan. Although the Ne'erday game should be brought back. If it was then it should be from the 1st of Jan to the 31st of Jan.

Anything decent on tv to watch now :sigh:

Nothing Rangers could have done about it as the weathers been murder for the last few weeks, maybe not true but i read on another forum that it's do with the water table in Glasgow and the fact that Rangers have lowered the pitch quite a few times.

Anything decent on tv to watch now :sigh:

Nothing Rangers could have done about it as the weathers been murder for the last few weeks, maybe not true but i read on another forum that it's do with the water table in Glasgow and the fact that Rangers have lowered the pitch quite a few times.

I guess you have been looking on the lesser forum Follow Follow.

The water table has nothing to do with it, if it were Holland and all there teams would be in the shit big time.