[FT] Rangers 4 (Silva 45+8'; Davies 62'; Lawrence 71'; Souttar 90+3' ) - 1 Kilmarnock

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sterling is actually a RB turned into some sort Aribo-style all round player. He sure has all the attributes and skills, we just need to find him a proper place. Given his style, he'd be well-used in a box-to-box midfielder that essentially can play everywhere. We won't drop Lundstram, so I'd put him next to him on Saturday. Not sure about Diomande. If Lundstram exits this summer, it should be Diomande and Sterling, if we continue to play two DMs. They both "think forward".

I was just having a laugh. 

I have always thought that Clement wants to play with two box-to-box midfielders, with each taking turns at dropping off and getting forward.  Diomande-Sterling would be pretty good, IMO. 

I think we'll see more wingers signed in the summer, too. 

Aribo wasn't an all round player.  He only really played one position very well.  

Clement will stick with his usual set up on Saturday, which worries me a bit (I prefer managers to adapt their style to the different types of opposition and it seems weird that we'd set up the same way when we play Ross County at home as we would away to Celtc).  

5 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Only problem there is that you could easily apply that epithet to all the UK ministers too.

It's not a problem. The UK ministers aren't Celtic-loving, Rangers-hating separatists.

The whole whataboutery when it comes to criticising the SNP gets a bit tiresome. Criticism of the former first minister and his party can surely be made without reference to the poor job that certain Westminster politicians are doing.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Sterling is actually a RB turned into some sort Aribo-style all round player. He sure has all the attributes and skills, we just need to find him a proper place. Given his style, he'd be well-used in a box-to-box midfielder that essentially can play everywhere. We won't drop Lundstram, so I'd put him next to him on Saturday. Not sure about Diomande. If Lundstram exits this summer, it should be Diomande and Sterling, if we continue to play two DMs. They both "think forward".

Yeah, I'd agree that Sterling should start alongside Lundstram. We'll need his athleticism in the middle. It would be a huge decision for the manager to drop Diomande but he can't do the job Sterling can do.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Yeah, I'd agree that Sterling should start alongside Lundstram. We'll need his athleticism in the middle. It would be a huge decision for the manager to drop Diomande but he can't do the job Sterling can do.

Why not play the 3 of them with Diomande but a slightly advanced role. And if Matondo’s fit he should start too. If we use his pace it could cause them all sorts problems and push their defence back. Probably mean that either Dessers or Silva would play up front on their own.

Its vital PC puts a lot of thought into this fixture at their place because GvB and MB didn’t 

8 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Only problem there is that you could easily apply that epithet to all the UK ministers too.

Loved the white/shite references...brilliant😂

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Why not play the 3 of them with Diomande but a slightly advanced role. And if Matondo’s fit he should start too. If we use his pace it could cause them all sorts problems and push their defence back. Probably mean that either Dessers or Silva would play up front on their own.

Its vital PC puts a lot of thought into this fixture at their place because GvB and MB didn’t 

Realistically we're not going to move away from the normal 4-2-3-1, and as we need to win, we need the creativity of Cantwell or Lawrence. 

Agree on Matondo. 

Cantwell can complain all he wants but fact is he flits around on the outskirts of games and rarely gets involved. Sometimes, that's not his fault as we don't move the ball quickly enough to players in space but, other times, his use of the ball when he does get it is mediocre at best.