Rangers v Panathinaikos

I like the Pana strip. Yes its green, but I like green. Its just unfortunate that the soap dhodgers have it but there you go.

Here is also a little bit of history on the Badge they have... Fcuk all to do with any tinks..

EMBLEM: THE SHAMROCK

"Short after the founding of the team George Kalafatis changed the name of the club to Π .Π .Ο. (Panhellenic Football Club).

After the end of World War 1, football activity resumes and in 1918 Π .Π .Ο. establishes the green colour and the emblem of the shamrock which was designed by George Hatzopoulos, director of the National Gallery and member of Club.

The shamrock was brought to the club by Michalis Papazoglou, an athlete and later general secretary of Panathinaikos, who used to wear it at his former club of “Chalkidona” in Constantinopole."

The Greeks also love the Brits. Although when it comes to football, I think it may be slightly different.

Another team from Athens - Ionikos who were relegated last year, have a group of fans called "The Rangers". They are there casual types... but I know a few of the fans have a liking for the Gers.

Here is there website...

http://www.rangers.gr/engl/RangersClub.htm

Pana.jpg

Wednesday Feb 13th,return leg in Athens 21st Feb.

Season Ticket Holders - 24 quid go on sale on Thursday :cheers:

The game has to get the go-ahead first :D

Hopefully the rain in weegieland buggars off soon. One things for sure the players should be pretty fresh just now, they have practically had a winter break from games

The game has to get the go-ahead first :D

Hopefully the rain in weegieland buggars off soon. One things for sure the players should be pretty fresh just now, they have practically had a winter break from games

Aye,hope it goes ahead,I will be home from work for that one :D