Didier Deschamps price drastically reduced by the bookies but Keegan still favourite at the moment.

Houllier and Mark Hughes also short odds.

Martin Jol wouldnt be a bad choice and has stretched to 20/1.

Shearer doesnt look like he will get it this time unless he comes in as a No.2. I think a Shearer / Keegan or Shearer / Houllier or Shearer / Venebles partnership would work.

Whoever comes in has a job to do though!!

Newcastle have stated that they want an experienced manager. That rules out Shearer. I think Keegan said he wants the job but doesn't want to work alongside Shearer.

Houllier or Diddy Deschamps will get it.

Well at least they should be entertaining to watch. I still don't think they'll finish any higher than they would have under Allardyce, but I guess its a start if they play the attacking football that they did under him last time round.

Thing is though and this is just my personal point of view but Newcastles defence is pathetic so to bring in a manager who didn't give a fuck about defending is a backward step. The defence must be sorted out first before the other negatives are addressed.