[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yilmaz has played 10 mins in the last 6 or so weeks. Huge gamble starting him in a game where we know they'll come out the traps flying. 

It's not really a gamble when the alternative option has been consistently awful in matches there.  

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I agree but think Clement will persist with the usual tactics.  The old saying about the game being won in the middle of the park has always been valid.  

I just hope Rangers can prove a lot of people (myself included) wrong.

I think it's very telling that we did not have one booking I the last OF game. Whilst I am not advocating that we kick everything in sight, that's stat suggests we are not physical enough during the fine margins of the duels. 

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's not really a gamble when the alternative option has been consistently awful in matches there.  

Agreed. If we are debating "to start or not to start" with the guys returning, I would always try to start with the strongest team and try to get a grip of the game as opposed waiting until the game is out of reach or you are chasing it. 

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Off course it's a gamble - after a prolonged lay off he is not match fit. Also, what of he breaks down after 10mins and is out for the remainder of the season? 

The season is all about tomorrow.

I don't think Barsic has been too bad (certainly no worse than anyone else) since he returned to the side so if he starts, he starts with my support but I'd prefer the more direct Ridvan personally and he looked fit enough in his cameo last weekend, helping create the final goal.

Same goes for Matondo and Sima - if they can play any sort of part, then they have to be involved; even if from the bench.

All they can do is go out and perform to their very best and if that's not good enough then it's up to the board to either back the manager with some real  money or I fear the manager will be looking for pastures new .

"PC: Leon Balogun is doubtful, no other fresh injuries or players returning from injury."

Hoping he's keeping his cards close to his chest and at least one of Matondo and Sima can play a part.