Willie Collum appointed Head of Refereeing at Scottish FA

If the EPL vote on banning Var goes ahead then we should propose to also ban it, unfortunately we probably wouldn't win the vote but it might ruffle a few feathers.

We could also apply to join the EPL, Dutch, Belgian and Norwegian leagues (Shetland would no doubt vote in our favour on that one)🤣

14 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

VAR just needs to be better, not banned. 

Would prefer it to be banned as it puts attending games a turn-off IMO and a total distraction for me whilst at game.

18 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

VAR just needs to be better, not banned. 

Without VAR Rangers would have fewer points this season. 

There should be a time limit on the VAR decision. No clear answer within two minutes play on, advantage to the side in possession or on the attack.

Change the offside law to the whole of the back foot clearly behind the offside line instead of any part of the body.  “Clearly” plus a two minute rule should eliminate the nonsense.

46 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Would prefer it to be banned as it puts attending games a turn-off IMO and a total distraction for me whilst at game.

Aye, ruins the spectacle and spontaneity that makes football enjoyable.  Bin it.  

Posted (edited)

I agree that the spontaneity is definitely affected, but the CL* in the main manages to keep the game flowing far better than either our league or the EPL does. As a team who are generally in the opponents box more than our own, VAR will always result in a net positive for us.

* I believe that's due to it being semi automated.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

52 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Change the offside law to the whole of the back foot clearly behind the offside line instead of any part of the body

I always preferred the clear daylight way we did it for a while (I heard talk recently of this coming back?) as it results in more of a positive effect on the game, ie more chances/goals.