Thomas Buffel

Thomas Buffel is a good player..................but I don't think that he, or anybody else, EVER claimed he was a Laudrup.

Doesny make sense. :admin:

you just mentioned aggression m8 and that's all the fans in this country like to see, Laudrup never had any agression and was adored so I don't see your point either :confused:

There are many many players who didn't have agression but were brilliant for us IMO.........

Buffel has been so inconsistent in his time here I wouldn't give him another minute in a Rangers jersey. We all know he has skill which frustrates me even more.....we are top of the league without him so he's not needed IMO.

i have always liked buffel as a player - i always tend towards players with craft & imagination. that said, johnny is right. buffel has had plenty of chances with us, and the one constant in that time has been his lack of constancy. i would honestly rather see gow in that kind of role.

Buffel [apart from a couple of nights ago] hasn't played in a Rangers side with as much support in midfield as we have right now.

He's suffered from exactly the same as Arteta did. No support...........and we know how good Arteta has proved himself since.

Give him a run in the position he's suited to rather than expecting him to battle in midfield and then we'll see if he's 'inconsistent'.

We put up with Lovenkrands doing hee-haw for years. Gie the boy a chance.

thats a decent argument. but one of the reasons we havent seen him in a strong midfield is because he is so constantly injured. and both arteta and buffel have played in a midfield with ferguson, so they weren that bad.

thats a decent argument. but one of the reasons we havent seen him in a strong midfield is because he is so constantly injured. and both arteta and buffel have played in a midfield with ferguson, so they weren that bad.

Arteta got left on his own when Ferguson got a passport and went over the border. Nobody replaced Barry and I actually saw with my own eyes the very moment Arteta said "F@ck this for a game of soldiers. I'm off" [Dunfermline away].

Buffel, played in the right position with the players we have now [and staying clear of injury of course] imo has the potential to be a star.

Some will disagree and that's their right. All I'm saying is, the boy is now fit. Give him a chance and we'll see. ;)

Buffel [apart from a couple of nights ago] hasn't played in a Rangers side with as much support in midfield as we have right now.

He's suffered from exactly the same as Arteta did. No support...........and we know how good Arteta has proved himself since.

Give him a run in the position he's suited to rather than expecting him to battle in midfield and then we'll see if he's 'inconsistent'.

We put up with Lovenkrands doing hee-haw for years. Gie the boy a chance.

buffel has played in virtually the same team/s as Peter and done much much less than him, so I don't see why he should be given any more chances IMO m8.

It's all abour opinions and we need better much better than him for a creative midfielder as he's called......

Just read on a Dutch site that he is desperate to leave but no clubs are interested at the moment because he has been out for a year. He can't understand Rangers not releasing him as it will cost a capital to keep him on the sidelines. He said the manager has told him he is in his plans but he has heard that story before and doesn't put much value on the promise.

buffel has played in virtually the same team/s as Peter and done much much less than him, so I don't see why he should be given any more chances IMO m8.

It's all abour opinions and we need better much better than him for a creative midfielder as he's called......

Have a look at the number of games Lovenkrands played in compared to Buffel.

Have a look at the number of games Lovenkrands played in compared to Buffel.

fair enough but the ratio of 'good' games peter done well in still well outweighs the number of 'good' games buffel has ever played played for us...there's that many I can think of 2 for buffel that's it.....

I think peter was a wrong example to use here, even tho many never liked him or he was another non trier sometimes he done OK and won us some important games much more so than buffel.....i mean how long has buffel been here for gods sake :confused:

also the number of games thing might just be down to buffel not being suited to scottish football, the manager seeing he gave little or maybe him just being the most inconsistent player ever...

he had injuries yes but so did peter.........

just my opinion on things m8

:cheers: