Deal or No Deal - Transfer Updates

How big is Celtic's squad now anyway?

But like Ally, I'm just concerned we haven't really moved forward during this window while looking at getting in 10M+ for two of our best players. You'd have hoped that we'd have player(s) lined up to come in as the Cousin and Hutton deals have been rumoured for so long now that the club obviously knew what the likely outcome was.

A creative midfielder is a must, but I still think we have a problem at left midfield and Adam needs someone to come in and pressure him for his place, that might buck his ideas up a bit.

Papac has done very well at LB, but does get caught out a bit. He's probably good enough to stay there until next season though as I wouldn't want us to rush Smith back.

Do we need another striker? Depends on what system WS is going to play. While JCD doesn't lead the line as well as Cousin did, I think he can still play up front on his own away in Europe where we just need someone to work tirelessly and make runs. i think that's different to the situation we find ourself in week-in, week-out, in the SPL, where I think any of our strikers could do a job against most teams.

Moore's name is mentioned a lot and tbh I don't know much about him. He is young enough though that we should give him a chance, but 3.5M is a lot of money for that sort of player. Unfortunately that's the going rate for that sort of player from the EPL.

I'm rambling now. I think what I'm saying is that I'd like to see us tie up a couple of loan deals today unless the right players are available to buy. Otherwise we need to keep the money until the summer and spend the bulk of it on a single player, one of those special players who can turn games and bring a real bit of spark and drive to our midfield.

At least we know we're not going to be linked with Robbie Fowler or Alan Smith in this window.

Fee beign quoted is indeed 10m euros - �£7.4 million!!!!!

Crazy money. I hope he's worth it

Heard that the actual transfer fee is nearer �£2.5m with his wages over the 4 years making it a �£7.4m deal.

so he will be getting about 25k a week for 4 years. I hope he is decent if we are paying that sort of money on wages because if he is shite then we would have a player that won't move due to his wages.

We should have wage structures more performance based these days anyway.

2.5 mill for the transfer fee I don't think is too bad.

How does purchasing a co-owned player work ? He is co-owned by Palermo.