I think i started the same thread at the start of the season and the majority was pretty much that we expected to challenge for the league and at least go for a domestic cup. If we were in Europe after Christmas then that would be a bonus.

So as things stand at the moment WS has ticked all expectations and possibly beyond that with a 4 point lead in the league and sitting in the league cup final and a favourable draw in the Scottish cup. Plus up next week is Panathinikos in the last 32 of the UEFA cup.

What happens now if we a) go out of europe b) dont win the league? Will people jump on a bandwagon saying it was thrown away simply because of the good position we are in?

My personal take on it is if the league goes to the wire then we have to look at it in the way that we have came on strides this season. However I believe we will go on and win the league.

Domestic cup wise I think we will beat Dundee Utd in the League cup and get past Hibs in the Scottish Cup. Celtic have a tricky tie at Pittodrie and could get knocked out there.

In Europe, I feel a Rangers team should be strong enough to get past Panathinikos. Id be very disappointed if we got knocked out due to negative play and poor tactics. If we went out despite giving all then I think we'd all accept that. However once again I think we will get through to the last 16, after that its either Werder Bremen or Braga with the Germans likely to be favourties there and thats a very tricky tie should we look tha far ahead.

One thing that isnt going to help us is the fixture back log. The next few weeks is going to test the size of our squad and lets hope WS uses it to its full potential.

Expectations for me are to lift the League Cup, get to the Scottish cup Final and take that game from there. I expect go all the way in the SPL and take the league flag home as I think we are good enough and better than Celtic as things currently stand.

In Europe a last 8 finish would be a good run but who knows!!!

Thoughts from others?

After the transfer window situation the fans will not tolerate 2nd place in the league; SDM has nine lives but even he must know that this gamble must be won.

CIS must be won now, no excuses

SC is in the air, I felt we were poor against Hibs.

Europe we have no chance as usual, as for decades we have failed to grasp the nettle and do what it takes to 'move forward' and be the kind of club that could challenge in Europe....we'll do well to beat Pana, and I wouldn't put a penny on us to beat Werder.

Agree with most of your points,however when you say '' I feel a Rangers side should be strong enough to get past Panathinaikos '',maybe the Rangers of old,but to be fair they are not a bad side and won't be easy,I think we'll need to take a win over there to progress.With out sounding over confident I believe the treble is on as you rightly said we are a better team than the unwashed,even with thier BIG signings.One thing is for sure we have came on leaps and bounds in the last year,of that there is know doubt,and the building must continue,so I look forward to the run in and then look forward to bringing in some decent signings in the summer and then '' WE WELCOME THE CHASE ''

Nice to see you earl... ;)

As for expectations, mine is quite simply the SPL title. Want to do well in the other competitions but if we don't deliver the title this season, then that will be disgraceful.

It is a gamble mate......Minty has assumed that the four point gap is enough.

I got banned for attacking the thing that worries me most, our fans lowered expectations. An FFer suggested that SDM having a good transfer window was 'crucial' as he was the owner, and that if we finsihed 2nd it was 'fine, we have qualifying rounds to try and go for'.

That scares me rigid......what if the sullen, silent 80% move from disinterest to actively lowering their expectations, hopes..what if we as a support stop dreaming?

I'm sure MD will let you back on soon mate. I share your frustration when it comes to people accepting second best.

Unfortunately, when our owner is giving out those same messages, sometimes it's hard to blame less 'politically aware' (trying not be unkind) supporters for not seeing the wood for the trees.

I understand why the Hutton money may have to reduce debts but even so the SPL title is more than possible and I won't accept any excuses from Murray, Smith or the players if we don't still go an and take the title.

No rumours at all my friend.

I can't understand why Hutton couldn't have been moved out later but when one considering the rolling�£15million debt is about to be serviced, you may have your answer.

The ludicrous wild goose chase to Italy sums up our genuine transfer strategy.