Our RSC's New Banner

Well, I might as well make my final post on here a good one :)

Good stuff from Calscot once more, i've always agreed with the vast majority of what he has posted, it's just a shame that certain sections of our support continue to drag their knuckles instead of looking to a more modern inclusive future

Would be nice to see more people with views like Cal's on here, but that will never happen, as i've already stated that such views are not really welcomed on here - maybe the people who run this forum will one day sit back and actually wonder why the membership rarely seems to grow, but i very much doubt it. The views of ALL rangers fans should be tolerated on here, and whilst we may not always agree, some level of respect should be given

With that i bid you all adieu!!

Utter claptrap - again.

All views are welcomed - you even apologised for saying they weren't earlier.

If the forum is that bad, why do you keep coming back. Grow up, son.

Who said you couldn't?

Plenty of Rangers fans get upset about that kind of thing. Now maybe they are upset because he is not doing it for religious reasons but on a wind up, but then how can they prove that?

Same goes for flags etc...

People are forever doing provocative things on the wind up which they can then use mock innocence as an excuse - and then make a grab for the moral high ground. BJK is a good example as are most of Celtic's excuses - starting from the old soup kitchen.

Seems to me that when you do that all the time, nobody believes you when you're being genuine. And that's Rangers biggest problem, we've cried wolf too much in the past and if we want people to start believing us again, we have to shut up for a good while...

Utter claptrap - again.

All views are welcomed - you even apologised for saying they weren't earlier.

If the forum is that bad, why do you keep coming back. Grow up, son.

I have to agree with Frankie: my views differ from many on here and I've never had any trouble when expressing them and I don't see others being censored unless they are just badmouthing everyone. As long as you are civil then you are given respect here.

This forum is run with a heck of a lot of decorum, dignity and fairness. That definitely contributes towards this being the best Rangers forum on the net, as well as helping to attract some of the best people around to debate with.

To be honest I probably enjoy it more when things are a bit contentious as everyone agreeing is good but gets a bit dull. And I sometimes spice up some of my opinions, making them more antagonistic, to get a reaction and a good debate going.

However, I'm always ready for a backlash and don't run away from it nor complain about it.

:onetoomany:

I have to agree with Frankie: my views differ from many on here and I've never had any trouble when expressing them and I don't see others being censored unless they are just badmouthing everyone. As long as you are civil then you are given respect here.

This forum is run with a heck of a lot of decorum, dignity and fairness. That definitely contributes towards this being the best Rangers forum on the net, as well as helping to attract some of the best people around to debate with.

To be honest I probably enjoy it more when things are a bit contentious as everyone agreeing is good but gets a bit dull. And I sometimes spice up some of my opinions, making them more antagonistic, to get a reaction and a good debate going.

However, I'm always ready for a backlash and don't run away from it nor complain about it.

:onetoomany:

Agreed :drink:

Plenty of Rangers fans get upset about that kind of thing. Now maybe they are upset because he is not doing it for religious reasons but on a wind up, but then how can they prove that?

Same goes for flags etc...

i do see what you are saying, the sectarianism lurking behind the innocence, but i think you would be suprised for how many people sectarianism is nothing more than winding up celtic fans. whilst your view seems to be to have people like boruc, and 'dodgy' flag carriers more censored, mine is to let everyone do what they like and stop being offended so easily. although i would be the first to say that i find bjk chanting repugnant in a way i could never find even support for terrorists.

I think the whole sectarian thing is a load of wind ups and all to do with "us and them" mentality and tribalism.

It is way blown out of proportion, but the reason behind that overreaction is that there is plenty of real sectarianism and discrimination around, and you get plenty of idiots or youngsters who don't quite get the wind up aspect and think it's serious - and they can take it far too far.

Basically, religion is quite rightly a bit of a taboo subject for a wind up, as is race, disability etc. The government are now strong on legislation for these and that's why it's pounced on when it's being done systematically and at a grand scale at football stadiums.

And to be honest, the same old wind ups are not funny anymore and getting a bit tedious.

I'm not into draconian censorship, more into personal censorship, where you decide yourself whether what you are doing is appropriate. But you can't do that unless you recognise when things are not quite right. Sometimes it takes someone else to point it out - which is what I'm trying to do. However, as it's just my opinion, I could be completely wrong and what I say could be justifiably rejected. But if nobody gives the opposing point of view, then why will anyone even think about it?

I just sometimes think that although people are doing innocent things, in the context of a continuous wind up that is now considered tasteless, their actions no longer look innocent.

Perception is as important to many ideals as the spirit of them. The law is a great example. It is not enough for justice to be done, it also has to be SEEN to be done.

I think we have to be seen to abandon all references to sectarianism (pseudo or not) if we are to emerge from its shadow.

Once we have done that, THEN flags, such as the Royal Ensign, will possibly be taken in the spirit of their intent - and welcomed. To me, if I'm going to make such a good gesture, I'd like it to be seen and appreciated as such and not mistaken for something else.

When you're on the wind up all the time, no one gets it when you're being straight and good - and who's fault is that?

i'll write a better reply, but i think one of the great joys of supporting a football team is the tribalism. as soon as you start to make football (and football supporting) too rational it quickly becomes just a few guys kicking a leather thing about a field, and a bunch of morons following them about.

I agree with that, but think that tribalism should avoid the same subjects that you would in polite conversation - race, religion, politics, sexual prefenences and finantial status etc.

im horribly poor at polite conversation then, taboos always seem petty to me :D