Cousin free to play tonight.

If his move to Fulham goes through there is NO WAY FIFA will let him move again at the end of the season. I just hope he realises that he will have to tough it out in the Championship till the next transfer window in January 2009 (unless of course he appeals the legislation to the European courts).

IIRC, the rule is that you cant play for more than two clubs in any given season so there would be nothing to stop him moving again next season if he wanted.

I disagree m8, money is of course very important but so is winning trophies for some IMO and staying near family and some families might not be happy to move away where they know no-one. it's not like they're getting paid pennies at Rangers and unless you are very careless you and your family will be set up for life after you stop playing or move from Rangers. Most players who leave will never win a thing in the EPL or elsewhere as they won't be joining the top teams, it does happen that a player can be happy to stay at a club.

I think cousin's past troubles with clubs shows, to me anyway, he is just out to get the most money he can make no matter who it's with, which I have nothing against really but that's no good to any club IMO. Will he move again in 6 months if he's not happy at Fulham, if he goes there? I think quite a few of our players want to be here and wouldn't dream of joining a team who could easily and for me probably will get relagated. That's my opinion anyway.

If Cousins move goes ahead, to be perfectly honest, I couldny give a sh!te what he does in the future because he will no longer be a Rangers player.

The fact that he's willing to move to a team fighting relegation suggests to me that it's the lure of playing in the EPL rather than the money . I can guarantee that Rangers tried to improve his wages and conditions , etc the minute the interest came from down south. But he still wants to go.

I stand by what I posted above.............if an EPL team came in for just about ANY player at Ibrox, they'd be off. Winning medals in a Micky Mouse league [to a professional football player] is akin to winning a medal in a school team. Playing in the top league, the reason we're told so many want to come to Ibrox [for C.L. football], is what most footballers would aspire to.

Sad, I know.

If Cousins move goes ahead, to be perfectly honest, I couldny give a sh!te what he does in the future because he will no longer be a Rangers player.

The fact that he's willing to move to a team fighting relegation suggests to me that it's the lure of playing in the EPL rather than the money . I can guarantee that Rangers tried to improve his wages and conditions , etc the minute the interest came from down south. But he still wants to go.

I stand by what I posted above.............if an EPL team came in for just about ANY player at Ibrox, they'd be off. Winning medals in a Micky Mouse league [to a professional football player] is akin to winning a medal in a school team. Playing in the top league, the reason we're told so many want to come to Ibrox [for C.L. football], is what most footballers would aspire to.

Sad, I know.

I still disagree that most players would want to go play for average/relegation teams just because it's the EPL but I know some would go and they have and still will and I know what you are saying but I still disagree that 99% would go.

Try saying to ex Rangers/other SPL players that the medals they have won here are like school team medals I'm sure everyone would disagree and so do I.

:cheers:

Unfortunately, I believe that 99% of our squad would accept the same deal as Cousin if they had the chance.

It's the nature of the game these days. :sigh:

Quite probably true to a certain extent, might quibble over the percentage, but it's not improtant. Not the point I was trying to make.

From what I have read on Cousin's history at clubs in the past is that he tends to start really well and looks like a quality player. But then for whatever reason his form tends to dip, then he falls out with someone at the club, then he falls out with the fans (in one instance he gave them the finger when he was at Lens) and then moves on. Personally I'd like him to move on ASAP, but that is in FIFA hands. He's a decent player, but not as good as many make him out to be.

Quite probably true to a certain extent, might quibble over the percentage, but it's not improtant. Not the point I was trying to make.

I think you maybe missed the point I was trying to make bud [probably because I didny explain it too well]................you were saying about the 'negative impact' on the players left at Ibrox if Cousin was played before his intended move.

I would think the majority in the dressing room don't see things the way we the fans do. They see it as a fellow player getting the chance to move to the 'Premier' League, a place most of them would LOVE to move to.

I honestly believe that most of them would wish him well.

Of course Boyd might have an axe to grind. But his arguement is with Walter and not with Cousin.[ I also suspect that Walter has told Boyd that the solution lays squarely with Boyd but that's another arguement].

QUOTE FROM ELSEWHERE :

The �£3million Premiership switch isnâ��t dead yet, but veteran defender David Weir insists that Cousin is made to feel welcome in the Gersâ�� dressing room in the meantime.

"The players understand the situation," Weir said. "As long as Daniel comes on and does as well as he can then we are happy with that.

"There is no problem with the players - the players are quite happy for Daniel to be here.

"We don't want anybody to get that kind of treatment but the fans are entitled to voice their opinion, that's what they are here for."

...............I'd say that sort of backs up what I was on about.

By Andrew Dickson

DANIEL COUSIN could be tasked with firing Rangers into last 16 of the UEFA Cup after Walter Smith named him in the squad to face Panathinaikos on Thursday.

Daniel CousinThe Gabon international watched yesterday's 2-0 win over Kilmarnock from the stand at Rugby Park, leading many to believe he would not fly to Athens.

FIFA are expected to announce whether they will allow the 30-year-old to make his protracted transfer to Premiership side Fulham later this week.

If they say Cousin can move to Craven Cottage before the meeting with Pana, he will be pulled from the group that travels to Greece tomorrow lunchtime.

But until such time as a verdict is announced, the former Lens player will remain in the party and he could be deployed against Jose Peseiro's side as Gers look to improve on their 0-0 draw in last Wednesday's first leg at Ibrox.

Manager Smith said: "One way or another, we will find out what is happening with Daniel at some point this week.

"His situation remains an awkward one for us at the moment but he will travel to Greece with the rest of the team in the meantime."