22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Walter Smith too defensive?

• Yes (overall)
    • No (overall)
    • In the SPL
    • In Europe
    • Away from home
    • Too fuckin right he is (for Gav)

I think that as a squad we have a lot of attack minded players but we persist on going on the defensive all the time ,

Yes we had chances last night but playing L.McCulloch up front his self says it all we should have had Burke , Naismith on from the start to cause havoc down the flanks and put N.Novo up front with McCulloch as support.

Then Bring Cousin or Boyd on later in the game , but as usual Walter leaves it too late to make a change and the sub has no impact on the game.

I am a Walter Smith fan but watching us at home in Europe is getting frustrating we are like a team who are more afraid to lose than one that wants to win.

We need the away goal to go through and if we play these negative tactics over there i think we have had it.

Just my opinion.

DS23 W.A.TP

Added it for you Gav.

Cheers DS23 (sounds stupid, give us a first name lol) I think it'll be interesting to see the results. Im sure most will think he is far too defensive IMO but we'll now see

Fair Do's DS is my initials and 23 is my number

Names David :)

He is a cautious manager..no doubt...and tha's why i think we'll win the league as he'll keep it tight when we play the plastic paddies and it'l be like the nineties all over again for them....

as far as europe's concerned...he tried to play attacking football first time around and we got routinely gubbed on our travels ( and at home )...lesson learned by WS...making sure it doesnt happen 2nd time around

WS is far to negative at home in Europe. Playing 1 up front even if its Cousin or Darch does not work. We seem to worry too much about what other teams are going to do instead of thinking 'right lets get out there and try and get a few goals and kill the tie off'

He may be defensive but unless it all goes pear-shaped, I'm not going to complain.

The Eck and Paul eras have taken their toll, and now I just want consistently good results to be going on with. Walter is achieving that, and it's good enough for me, for now.

The priorities were to qualify for the CL and win the league; job done for the first, and second is well on track.

Bonuses were to be in Europe after Christmas and winning a cup - again we've done the first and for the second, we're in a final of one cup and still in the other. So even on track there.

I don't think playing positive, open, total football really comes on the radar this season.

If we were the usual 17pts behind and out of the cups then I'd be at the front of the queue to criticise WS as I was for AM and PLG.