Behind-closed-doors friendly V Pars

Kevin Thomson, Andy Webster and Steven Smith will all be in action this afternoon when Rangers reserves play in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Dunfermline at East End Park.

The trio are all on the verge of making a welcome return to the first-team squad and today's game will give the club's coaching staff another chance to gauge if they are back to full fitness after their recent injury problems.

Walter Smith is expected to travel to Fife and will be hoping all three some through the 90 minutes unscathed as Rangers prepare for 8 games in 29 days in the month of March.

Alan Gow and Thomas Buffel will also feature against the Pars along with some of the club's best young talent including Jordan McMillan, Dean Furman, Steven Lennon and Rory Loy.

The game will kick-off at 1.30pm.

I'm excited about these 3 making their return for us.

Webster has frustrated me. At times I thought we should've let him go cause there's been times when it never looked like he'd play for us again. He could be a real good player for us and he's still young. Also, with Weir as a tutor he can only improve.

Don't really need to say much about Smith and Thomson. Everyone knows how good they both are.

Hopefully the game goes ahead cause the rain is battering down and the wind is blowing a gale.

Hopefully all 3 come through fine and are ready for 1st team appearances sooner rather than later. With the games coming up we're really going to need the whole squad.

Sure someone said the players should manage it fine though and would rather play than train so I'll go along with that. Its their job after all.

Guest TheWorthyEd

The Smith injury is well-documented and Thomson's too, but I'm not sure that the absence of Webster all these long months has been purely down to an injury.

I think there's a money issue at the heart of the Webster saga.

Who pays what and to whom, I'm thinking.