The "fund Beatties wages" thread - March

Guest Stephen Rankin

Anyone want a punt? Then ask. Because I have some seriously good knowldge. Like, told my mum to put 5 on Liverpool to win 3-1. They did. She got back like 60 quid. And also said Brum would beat Spurs.

Anyone want a punt? Then ask. Because I have some seriously good knowldge. Like, told my mum to put 5 on Liverpool to win 3-1. They did. She got back like 60 quid. And also said Brum would beat Spurs.

Why aint you rich then? If your that good stick all your cash on them......

When I did the match preview yesterday I said we would beat the sheep 3-1. Was that knowledge ? Nope, was an educated guess.

In footy there really is no such thing as knowledge.

I had a fiver on Liverpool to win 4-0 at 40/1. When they went 3-0 up i though it was well on.

Fancied a draw until I saw the liverpool team. Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and Babel in the midfield - thats as good as it gets for them.

Just heard on sky news, a punter called up the bookies in the 79th minute of the Milan v Arsenal game while it was at 0-0 and placed a bet on arsenal to win 2-0 with Fabregas scoring the first goal - he got 175/1

Just heard on sky news, a punter called up the bookies in the 79th minute of the Milan v Arsenal game while it was at 0-0 and placed a bet on arsenal to win 2-0 with Fabregas scoring the first goal - he got 175/1

What made him do that?

I was in Ladbrokes earlier picking up my winnings from last night and had a wee quick look at what odds I'd have got for Arsenal to win 2-0 and Cesc to score 1st - 175/1.

Hindsight eh.

What made him do that?

I was in Ladbrokes earlier picking up my winnings from last night and had a wee quick look at what odds I'd have got for Arsenal to win 2-0 and Cesc to score 1st - 175/1.

Hindsight eh.

Maybe i picked up the story wrong from the news, the telly is turned down low but im sure the bloke said a few mins before Arsenal scored. Must have been a few minutes before kick off.

2-0 Arsenal with Fabregas scoring first in the 79th minute would probably have been 500-1 or that bet couldnt be taken as scorecasts are done before the k/o. beattie will tell us