Cousin Out For Six Weeks

DANIEL COUSIN has been ruled out of action for six weeks as he needs an operation on a broken jaw sustained against Werder Bremen.

The Gabon striker had to come off 15 minutes from the end of Thursday's wonderful 2-0 win over the German side with the injury.

Having scored the first goal and been involved in the second, Cousin had played a key part in a victory which leaves Gers just 90 minutes from the last eight of the UEFA Cup.

But now he will miss the second leg at the Weserstadion next week, as well as the home Old Firm meeting with Celtic on March 29.

The injury is a significant fracture and Cousin, who played so well against Bremen defenders Naldo and Per Mertesacker, will undergo surgery in the coming days.

When at the game i thought the big man was just desperate to get off, obviously i was wrong.

Bad time to lose him, hes just coming back to form and with Darchey injury prone it doesn't help losing him!

With the game against Bremen and OF games coming up real soon it's a huge blow to lose Cousin espeically since JCD is unable to play 2 games back to back. Without both these players it'll be a struggle for us to keep the recent good results up.

Its a massive blow but Super Lee up front isnt scared to put himself about, also got Boydinator

"Super" Lee isn't so super when he's playing up front and the same goes for Boyd. We'll struggle with Cousin and JCD there's no doubting that.

That is an absolute sickener and just typical Rangers luck.

Hopefully we get him back a bit sooner for the mass of old firm games coming up.

As for playing upfront in Bremen, its got to be Novo on his own for me depending on JCD's leg.

Why do you choose Novo over Naismith, Boyd, Mcculloch, JCD or Buffel?

Just think the wee man deserves it plus he suits the away european ties more than the rest bar Cousin. He has proved he can score in these big away games - he is fast becoming a bit like Lovenkrands in a way who scored in big games.

Aye but he normally plays wide cutting in, never up front as a lone striker. Unfair maybe, but is he big enough? I think in a 442 he could play up there, no doubt, or out wide wher'he's done so well. Regardless, wherever he plays he will give 110%. Lone striker role....sorry, I dont think that would be enough