That was a sore one for Marseille and Hamburg to go out on away goals.

Personally i think its one of the worst rules in football. There are many factors why a team could out score the other team from weather conditions to injuries.

And to carry it onto extra time in the 2nd leg is shocking - thats gives the away team an extra 30 mins to score than the home side did in the first leg. I actually thought the away goal rule cancelled if it went to extra time but i watched the Everton v Fiorentina game this morning and the commentator was still saying if Fiorentina score in extra time Everton must score twice.

I agree with extra time with penalties but like you said Gribz, the away goal shouldnt count , should be back to all square. Saying this if we go into extra time and get an away goal tonight it will be the best rule ever made

COME ON THE GERS :D

I agree with extra time with penalties but like you said Gribz, the away goal shouldnt count , should be back to all square. Saying this if we go into extra time and get an away goal tonight it will be the best rule ever made

COME ON THE GERS :D

I Agree, but it won't get to this :D

The list is now

Bayern M�¼nchen

Bayer Leverkusen

Getafe

Fiorentina

PSV Eindhoven

Zenit St. Petersburg

We could have a date with Dick Advocaat in the quarters. Funny how he couldn't get to that stage with Rangers. Also could see a reunion with Ricksen.

The list is now

Bayern M�¼nchen

Bayer Leverkusen

Getafe

Fiorentina

PSV Eindhoven

Zenit St. Petersburg

We could have a date with Dick Advocaat in the quarters. Funny how he couldn't get to that stage with Rangers. Also could see a reunion with Ricksen.

The list is quite strong for a so called mickey mouse cup. Fair play to Getafe and St Petersburg for over coming the odds (on paper) and going through. To see 2 or 3 English clubs going out in the last round shows it still a decent cup.

Im not sure if the 3rd place team in the CL dropped into the UEFA when DA was in charge of us. But didnt he have a decent run in his first season? Im sure we beat Parma and Bayer Leverkusen home and away that season.