Coming in in the summer

This is actually quite concerning.

We have another thread about possibly departures which has a list of around 8 first team players, yet we can only name 2 strikers and Dod McCartney.

What about the other striker from Burnley? Not exactly appealing.

I'm sure Walter will have a list of who he would like or wants to sign.

It all depends on who will leave and how much money we might get back and how much wages it frees up, and how much money will SDM give him to spend on top of that.

there will be so many rumours between now and the end of august I just don't believe any of them until they actually sign. and why make these public as it might harm our chances of getting the player we want if another team see they are available and can bid higher than us and offer more wages.

for me the papers/press jump on any rumour they hear from anywhere but a lot of fans read the papers etc and probably believe the stories. a few rumours will be right but most will be wrong.

Id also ask the question why fix whats not broken?

The team has been a success this season so we should only be looking to improve certain areas and areas that are forced upon us.

There is nothing we can do about Weir and Dailly ageing and players who accept large offers but as things stand no of this is definate as of yet.

When it comes to strikers, I agree with Gribz. I think we may see Cousin change his mind and stay, and a few of his performances in Europe have shown how valuable he could be.

Darche will be going nowhere due to being injury prone leading to a dearth of suitors. However, he's a great player to have around when fit. Having him and Cousin around to choose from is a great bonus.

Boyd also has a place in the squad if he wants, if not quite a first choice in our preferred system.

Novo has another year on his contract and wants to finish his career at Rangers, and he has also shown how valuable he can be.

Then we still have Naismith who will hopefully continue to improve and mature into a great player.

McCulloch is someone that can come in during injuries and play the lone striker role, although we probably don't think he's as good at it as much as Walter.

Burke can also be considered a forward on the wing in a 4-3-3 and it's obvious the guy has talent, although how he harnesses it is another story.

Beasley should be back next season and he's pretty good on either wing.

We also have Gow, who although has not had much of a chance, if he bides his time, it will come. He has to decide whether it's better to be a bit part at a big club or a big part at a bit club.

Then coming through the ranks are Lennon and Fleck. Lennon could probably do with going on loan for a season while Fleck should see his development continue in the reserves.

So to me, we have a pretty strong and deep squad for places up front.

We definitely need a quicker CH than Weir,that was totally evident on Sunday. Most of our problems were caused by the defence sitting too deep to cut the space down behind Weir. That meant the midfield was too big for the midfielders to bridge the gap to the striker. Dundee utd could walk through the midfield as we had Daily and Hemdani also forced to sit deep with Fergie Davis and Burke chasing shadows in the forward midfield. CH is number 1 priority imo.

Spend some money to break open Cuellors contract for a wage hike as well.

Sign Davis!