Purely, purely speculative thread this, because there's really no chance of us getting him, but I just thought I'd dream a little.

On our side: he is currently in Brazil for Corinthians so he's not yet been snapped up by a big European club. So is there even an outside chance of us putting in a bid for him?

He really, really impressed me during the WC - probably the best displays I saw by any striker - looked hungry, tricky on the ball, gifted with the pass. Just brilliant imo.

Do you think a sneaky �£5M bid would steal him?

No chance in hell. He went to Cornithans for 10mill so for a start they'd never sell at a loss. Then there's the slight competition of Milan, Chelsea, Barca, B munich.

He also apparently has a 50mill buy out clause.

We can dream, i remember telling everyone on this site about him 3 yrs ago when he was at Boca, thats when we should have broke the bank for him. He's a world star now.

There is NO WAY Tevez will go for as little as 5 Mill.

And with the tournament he has just had if anyone saw Gers were having talks with him then the "big fish" would be in like a shot.

Unfortunately never likely to come off.

Im in the no way brigade aswell, they would never let him go for �£5m, he was worth more than that before the WC so who knows what his value will be now.

Would be nice though, he's a great player.