Decent Article In Evening Times

Good article. I'd love to know what players WS has identified as targets for next season.

Let's assume the kitty is going to be 10 million this summer, I wonder if funds from the sale of players will top that up a wee bit?

We don't have many players who are worth much and I think the total will still be more likely to be gross rather than net.

So who would we sell?

Goalkeeping situation is fine.

Defence

--------

Whittaker: keep

Broadfoot: keep

Lowing: keep

Weir is possibly too old for another season and his contract runs out. Possibly give him a year extension

Cuellar: improved, extended contract

Dailly: new one year contract

Webster: sign up

Papac: keep

Smith: keep

Midfield:

-------

Novo: one year left on contract, keep

Burke: Possibly sell. How much is he worth?

Davis: sign

Ferguson: keep

Thomson: keep

Hemdani: Possibly sell. Not worth much at his age.

Faye: get rid and possibly pay off.

Furman: keep

McCulloch: keep

Adam: Probably keep

Beasley: keep

Up front

--------

Boyd: possibly sell, might be worth a few mil.

Darcheville: keep - couldn't sell anyway with his injury record

Cousin: keep, but may sell if another Premiership club offers 3M

Naismith: keep

Buffel: sell - but luck to get 1M.

Gow: keep unless he wants to go. Wouldn't get much for him.

So potential sales for significant sums are:

Burke, Hemdani, Cousin, Buffel, Boyd.

Burke: 1.5M?

Hemdani: 500k?

Cousin: 3M?

Buffel: 1M?

Boyd: 3M?

So a potential of 9M in my made up numbers. Not too shoddy really.

However, I would rather have Cousin than 3M. Burke, I've lost patience with, Buffel can go soon as, I'd like to keep Boyd but as a squad player rather than a first choice, Hemdani I'm not sure about - can look classy but is very inconsistent and his age is against him; good as a squad player.

Agree with most of those, though Davis should be "sign" in block capitals. Re Cousin, I think he's not really commited. Would take �£3m and replace him a younger, hungrier striker. Klasnic has been mooted. And we need a replacement for Darch. I'd think about Nugent at Portsmouth: may be expensive but would have sell-on value.After all was in England squad not toolong ago.

The likes of Burke can be let go to free up wages also - whats he on 12k a week?? - That after fighting the club for it for ages and he still cant produce. Id punt him to the likes of kilmarnock for any fee.

Hemdani is surely worth 2 million. He is only 30 which is a few months older than Ferguson.

Hopefully McLeish or someone else comes in with something silly like 2-4 million for Boyd. As Calscot says if he stays then he is a squad player at best.

Id like Cousin to stay if he is up for it, if not let him go for the 3 million again.

Then we can bring in 3 or 4 very good players whom should all be first picks, then a few squad players.

burke can go to get rid of the big wages he is certainly not earning....�£500k-�£1M?

buffel can go as well to get rid of even bigger wages that he also is not earning. �£500k?

Still can't believe some fans want boyd to go, if we bring in better quality players to play beside him he would score for fun IMO even in the so called BIG games, but unless he plays regularly it would be best for everyone if he left although I certainly hope he stays and plays. �£3-�£4M

Hemdani can also go for me, decent player but we don't need any more defensive midfielders than what we have so can go for me. �£1M

faye is on loan so send him back down south quick, very big waste of money again on him.........�£0

I'm not fussed either way if cousin stays or goes. �£2-�£3m

Id prefer Hemdani to stay and be played, he hasnt been great of late but was still out best player last season and certainly has been our best player in some games this season. Id probably rather take 4 million for Ferguson than 1.5 million for Hemdani. A midfield trio of Hemdani, Thomson and Davis would look very decent to me.

But Hemdani seems to be another who WS uses seldomly and therefore if we got 1.5-2 million then fair enough but he is one of our better players for me.

Id prefer Hemdani to stay and be played, he hasnt been great of late but was still out best player last season and certainly has been our best player in some games this season. Id probably rather take 4 million for Ferguson than 1.5 million for Hemdani. A midfield trio of Hemdani, Thomson and Davis would look very decent to me.

But Hemdani seems to be another who WS uses seldomly and therefore if we got 1.5-2 million then fair enough but he is one of our better players for me.

I think he's a decent player and was our best player last season yes, but not been the same player this season, to be honest he has been very poor. In europe he done well defensively yes, but for the SPL is far too defensive even for WS tactics IMO :eek: He gives no threat at all going forward and rarely gets in the box or has killer forward passes. I for one would not like to see him, thomson in the same team for a 3 man midfield as they are too similar and a waste of a player IMO, i'd have thomson over him every time with 2 more attacking minded midfielders.

I know dailly has only been a short time but has outshone hemdani big style, he's defended well and done more getting forward than hemdani could ever do IMO.

if we could get �£4-�£5m for barry take it but we need to buy a top quality replacement, thomson, davis, barry or another would do for me.

as said he was our best player last season but that wasn't too hard was it and what did we win in that time? I'm sure someone said the same about another player who was top scorer but got pelters as he was in a team winning nothing at the time :fish:

Just got round to reading the article.

"Bain wants it to be viewed as a genuine vote of thanks, and he stressed that looking after Rangers customers now - and in the future - will be at the forefront of his thoughts."

Nice to be thought of as just a customer. :rolleyes: